Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: now where are the power graphs and setting for the mouse?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

now where are the power graphs and setting for the mouse?

now where are the power management graphs and setting for the mouse? this is Xfce 4.12.V on Xubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with various 3rd point versions for V in various packages.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: now where are the power graphs and setting for the mouse?

Both are in the settings manager under "keyboard and mouse" and "power manager". Just type settings manager in applications search box and scan through all

Beans
    Distro

i scanned through settings manager and found only "keyboard" and "power manager". there was no mouse anything in either. do you need screen captures?

i could not find an applications search box, either. but right-click on the desktop background choosing "Applications" gives me a "Settings Manager" choice.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans

Screenshot here. Power manager is just right of the highlighted mouse and touchpad settings.
    I brought this settings window up by clicking the button at the bottom of the whisker menu.
    I don't see any graphs in the power manager settings though - I don't think I ever have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

i have Power Manager plugin on my panel. clicking it gives me a dropdown with 2 devices at the top plus 2 other choices. there used to be another device there for the mouse. clicking any device would go to that device in the "Devices" tab of the power manager. there i could show 2 different history graphs and power details it was easy to see the power history of the mouse. it would dance up an down and increase how much it did that when the batteries were about to die. now i can't find that graph. all i see there now are the power details for the 2 remaining devices ("Notebook BAT" and "Display brightness"). i don't remember the exact name for the mouse.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'm not on my Xubuntu machine at the moment but I think if you open up the power-manager window you will find on one of the tabs a slide switch to show the panel icon, and if I remember correctly that is what shows the info you're looking for.

Beans

I couldn't find any graphs in the power manager. I did find find package xfce4-battery-plugin which gives me a different battery monitor that I can add to the panel, but still no graphs.
    And I couldn't find any panel plugin for the mouse at all.

Beans
    Distro

in the settings manager mouse is listed as mouse and touchpad

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'm now back on my Xubuntu machine, and though I don't fully understand what exactly you want to see, make sure you have the Notification Area in your panel, and in the Power Manager General tab enable both options bottom right to show Status Notifications and System Tray Icon.

With a right click on the battery icon shown in green on my screenshot, you will get the notification window shown. Sorry if that's not what you want but as I say I don't really know what it is that you are looking for as I don't think I have ever seen a graph.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cmcanulty View Post
    in the settings manager mouse is listed as mouse and touchpad
    indeed it is. but no history graph. i remember the graph gave me choices like 2 hours, 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months. looking at 6 hours or 1 day would easily show me if the battery is ready to die. then i could find time to hunt for another one (it uses just 1 AA).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast