Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot install new program

Beans

Re: Cannot install new program

Quote Originally Posted by Impavidus View Post
    It says it did unpack grub-common, so that should have brought the scripts in /etc/grub.d/ back, but when building the grub.cfg it still encounters the same error.

Can you check again what's in /etc/grub.d/?

I'm still wondering what could have gone wrong here. Files in /etc/grub.d/ shouldn't go missing without a reason.

hi,

My system seems to deteriorate, more things stop working so I just decided to re-install Ubuntu. Things are good now.
    I think we can mark the topic as closed. Thank you very much for your support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If things get worse and worse, then I'd look for a hardware problem.

Only YOU can mark the thread as SOLVED to help the community. That will let others see that a reinstall was the solution and stop people who want to help from wasting time in a thread.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    If things get worse and worse, then I'd look for a hardware problem.

Only YOU can mark the thread as SOLVED to help the community. That will let others see that a reinstall was the solution and stop people who want to help from wasting time in a thread.

Pardon me, how can I do that? Manually change the thread's name or we have special buttons for that?

Edit: Found the button
    Last edited by tomnguyen168; October 2nd, 2020 at 01:05 AM. Reason: found the button to mark thread as solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12