Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20.04 SSH connection refused to server VM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: 20.04 SSH connection refused to server VM

Every attempt at v2p or p2v I've made has failed. It was more work than just doing normal backup, migration, and restore processes. The only time is was less effort was when I moved a Win7 VM that was my media center system from a really old KVM VM into a much newer KVM VM.

Windows thought the motherboard had been changed. I'd tried just a simple copy and manually setting up the virtual hardware identically. That made Windows puke. Ended up using sysprep to convince Windows the move wasn't the end of the world. I've never needed to do that with any Linux OS. Complexities of Windows Licensing causes all sorts of unnecessary complications. Those don't exist for the Linux distros I use.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: 20.04 SSH connection refused to server VM

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Complexities of Windows Licensing causes all sorts of unnecessary complications. Those don't exist for the Linux distros I use.
    You can say that again. I absolutely love having a "template" Linux OS that is fully-configured how I do all my servers and all I do is right-click, deploy to a new VM. Then its a matter of changing the IP and name. Done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12