Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

There was a time when I had no TV in my room. I only had a Sony mini hifi system and I used to listen to music all day but now I prefer watching music channels on my TV.

Audio only doesn't attract me anymore.

What about you guys ?

When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?
    Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

Music (audio only). Yes some music videos are cool, but I'm usually doing something (work etc) when listening to music, and I don't need another distraction (ie. the video component) so it's music (audio) only. My music doesn't have videos attached, but if I was to play a music video, the video window would be minimized so it wasn't a distraction.

(I do on occasion have a video play on a side monitor, but only during low-concentration tasks, switching to music (audio only) when I need/want to concentrate)

Beans

Re: When listening to music do you prefer audio only or do you like music videos ?

Music only for the most part.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Music only unless there is a specific interest in the performer(s), such as 9yo girl drummer Yoyoka Soma. I cannot recall the last time I saw an artist so in tune with their instrument. Her dream is to play at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic... count on her being there. Plug for this amazing young lady: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i9Mqo99fKE

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Audio only.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

As for my preference between audio or music videos, I'd have to declare them a tie. My actual listening time would favor music only/no video about 75% of the time. So long as there is some good background music on, either source of music is fine for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Audio only. I figure if it's video I have to stop what I'm doing to watch it. Automatic response I suppose.

Beans

A lot depends on what I'm doing.

If in the shop or garage doing stuff music only.

If just sitting around relaxing I like to watch certain music videos.

I have a media room where I watch movies and TV and listen to music.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Generally, it is just audio, depends on how much concentration is required for a task. Deep concentration gets instrumental music or Gregorian Chants. Most programming or system admin work gets a normal pop/rock playlist. We listen to audiobooks when travelling or if we're in bed but can't sleep. All audio only.

A few weeks ago, we did watch a full ZZ Top concert on the projector with the volume turned up on "date night." Had a few adult beverages and popcorn at the time. Nobody here watched current music videos, unless it is by accident. Wouldn't even know where to see them on purpose.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    A few weeks ago, we did watch a full ZZ Top concert on the projector with the volume turned up on "date night." Had a few adult beverages and popcorn at the time.
    The Wife and I do the same on a weekly bases and then some as we are in our middle sixties and retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Nobody here watched current music videos, unless it is by accident. Wouldn't even know where to see them on purpose.
    Yep I'm with you there we choose what we listen to anything from 1960s and 1970s rock n roll or certain operas etc depends on the mood.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast