Quote Originally Posted by Tadaen_Sylvermane View Post
I've gone the other way. I probably troll the news websites too much in my free time. The way I see it privacy of any kind is an illusion. If they want something, they will get it. I've said this before. Too many companies caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Costs them less to pay a fine than to actually do what they tell you they do. No real incentive for them not to when the payoff is pretty much a guaranteed homerun. By the time you've got your privacy locked (theoretically) then the internet has become almost unusable because your privacy addons block the majority of the content. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. No way to win.
Ultimately, you're being tracked no matter what you do. If your OS is not tracking you, then your browser is. And if your browser isn't, the web-service you are logged into is. And, if for some reason you don't use web-services, your ISP is tracking your usage. So, you can't use Windows 10, Google Chrome, and Facebook, without all three services tracking your usage.

Linux (as a general rule) at least leaves out the OS tracking. If you choose to use a browser like Chromium, Brave, or Vivaldi (and many of the DE Browsers like Konqueror) your tracking is minimized.

But it seems to me that Edge on Linux would be a way of "Maximizing" your tracking online. It's a way of connecting your to Microsoft's tracking without having to use Windows.

So, I will say it again... I mean, why though?