Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I mean, why though?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: I mean, why though?

Many people use Google docs,email,cloud and other services integrated with chrome so why not Microsoft services integrated with edge. It wouldn't be my first choice, but as a student Office 365 and MS services were a necessity for group project collaboration and file sharing.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

As I get much older I have found that my privacy is very important to me so I do try my best to avoid "obvious' attempts at tracking, watching, etc. Edge + Bing is known to track your key stokes and I'm sure it goes deeper than that. A quick "non Google" search of the best privacy browsers will explain everything I have failed to include about Edge but... No, just NO!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I'll try it. I'll try it for the same reason I first started to use Linux - because I like to try new things and pick what works best for me.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by uninvolved View Post
    and thanks for all the fish.
    +1
    Its fish that smells a bit but I think I will give it a try also.

Beans

The answer has been passed down for ages - Follow the money.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by iamjiwjr View Post
    The answer has been passed down for ages - Follow the money.
    I always try to track the money... So, does that mean Edge will be tracking your MS Advertising ID on Linux? That's the only way to make money by giving a free (as in cost) browser out to a community that doesn't really need it.

I can't wait to see the FSF go ballistic on this one!
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Choosing a Chromium based browser allows Edges's replacement to be a multiplatform browser

Beans

For chromium based browsers I highly recommend Vivaldi, very polished and fast, better performance than Chrome or opera (opera is buggy on Linux, checkout their forums). But I still prefer Firefox as my default.

Beans

I personally love to use Windows 10 and I am using it in my personal and office system. Once I try to use Ubuntu in past but it was hard to use.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by greatoffender View Post
    As I get much older I have found that my privacy is very important to me so I do try my best to avoid "obvious' attempts at tracking, watching, etc. Edge + Bing is known to track your key stokes and I'm sure it goes deeper than that. A quick "non Google" search of the best privacy browsers will explain everything I have failed to include about Edge but... No, just NO!
    I've gone the other way. I probably troll the news websites too much in my free time. The way I see it privacy of any kind is an illusion. If they want something, they will get it. I've said this before. Too many companies caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Costs them less to pay a fine than to actually do what they tell you they do. No real incentive for them not to when the payoff is pretty much a guaranteed homerun. By the time you've got your privacy locked (theoretically) then the internet has become almost unusable because your privacy addons block the majority of the content. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. No way to win.
    Last edited by Tadaen_Sylvermane; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:14 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast