While trying live Lubuntu 20.04.1 on my old desktop it has been impossible to get connected to the internet with my usb dongle, that has always been working without problems from live systems, I use both Xubuntu and Lubuntu, and indeed I did try with Xubuntu 20.04 live dvd also, and connects without problems.

When I open the drop down menu in Lubuntu live system, it recognize and correctly list my ethernet connection; when I create a new connection with the mobile internet menu in Network Manager, it looks fine, but when trying to connect there is no visible action.

Also, the textbox for the password keeps erasing: when I click save and then re-open the connection settings, it is gone, while all the other settings are saved correctly.

The ethernet connection seems to work, at least it connects to my old Belkin-g router.

Right-click show networking and Wi-Fi enabled, even if I don’t have any wi-fi adapter.

Computer is a gigabyte m770, athlon II 245.
Internet dongle is ZTE WCDMA Technologies MSM MF110/MF627/MF636 [ per lsusb ]

Is it even possible to solve it, or does anybody at least know the reason why all Xubuntus and previous Lubuntus works, and this latest one not, thank you anyway.