Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't format texts in an email editor or a browser address bar. They disappear

Beans

Re: I can't format texts in an email editor or a browser address bar. They disappear

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Failed to create a new user in what way? What did you do to try and create one?
    I followed this tutorial: https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-18-04 After sudo adduser newuser I was asked to assign a password for the new user. But I always got "wrong password" error. I tried both simple passwords and long strong passwords.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: I can't format texts in an email editor or a browser address bar. They disappear

First sudo asks for your own password before it will run adduser as root. Then adduser will ask for the password of the new user.

BTW, better to copy terminal output to your post as text, not as screenshot. And include the command, not just the output.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

And although it's perfectly fine and laudable to do it with commands, all of that can be easily done graphically in system settings > users.

No doubt you learned a valuable skill in your research but sometimes there's really no need to complicate things that were made obscenely SIMPLE a long time ago.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Impavidus View Post
    First sudo asks for your own password before it will run adduser as root. Then adduser will ask for the password of the new user.

BTW, better to copy terminal output to your post as text, not as screenshot. And include the command, not just the output.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    And although it's perfectly fine and laudable to do it with commands, all of that can be easily done graphically in system settings > users.

No doubt you learned a valuable skill in your research but sometimes there's really no need to complicate things that were made obscenely SIMPLE a long time ago.
    Thank both of you! Both helped me successfully create new users.
    I then logged in with one of the new users and logged in my email account, forums, etc. to test. I didn't add all of the extensions I used as the other user. I didn't encounter the problem. But the problem is random.

I can always format texts here.

When I wrote my last post here, I also wrote two emails. I could format one email without the problem and then encountered the problem when I edited the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12