Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After recent updates display and wi-fi is lost

Beans

Re: After recent updates display and wi-fi is lost

deadflowr, thanks for those tips. However, I have no idea what to do with those security notices? Am I suppose to somehow manually install the code found on those sites to correct the errors? Or shall I wait till they will be implemented in upcoming update packages that can be automatically installed as usual? I'm afraid I can't do anything with them manually as I'm totally incapable in touching anything "under the hood". Should I just update everything and boot in older kernel version -42? As I said that seemed to work and the errors came with the -47 version. And then just wait till some newer better optimized automatic updates come along to switch to the newer one?

Beans

deadflowr, I don't know if you got notice of my reply as I did not do it as quick reply directly to you, but just continued this thread?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by apatos View Post
    deadflowr, thanks for those tips. However, I have no idea what to do with those security notices? Am I suppose to somehow manually install the code found on those sites to correct the errors? Or shall I wait till they will be implemented in upcoming update packages that can be automatically installed as usual? I'm afraid I can't do anything with them manually as I'm totally incapable in touching anything "under the hood". Should I just update everything and boot in older kernel version -42? As I said that seemed to work and the errors came with the -47 version. And then just wait till some newer better optimized automatic updates come along to switch to the newer one?
    Sorry, I should have made clear the security links are just for reference of what major packages were upgraded around the time you started getting your issues.
    Nothing more to those than that.

And yes you can boot into the older kernel if the new one is broken.
    It the design of the system to allow reverting to a good and properly working kernel for such an event.

And then just wait till some newer better optimized automatic updates come along to switch to the newer one?
    You can try.
    But unless you know the developers have been notified of any issues, don't expect it to be any different.

Beyond that I really don't know much of how to help as I don't have wifi currently and don't have nvidia cards.
    You have other posters involved who can give better advice on what to do.

deadflowr, I don't know if you got notice of my reply as I did not do it as quick reply directly to you, but just continued this thread?
    Quick Reply is a posting option.
    It's at the bottom of the thread area.
    Unlike the other Reply to Thread options Quick Reply is limited to a select few options in it's toolbar editor.
    Which does not include the attachments feature.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Thank you again., But how do I reach the developers to inform them about this error? Should I contact the Canonical support?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you again., But how do I reach the developers to inform them about this error? Should I contact the Canonical support?
    File bug reports:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12