Thread: Duplicate accounts

Beans
    Hidden!

Duplicate accounts

Several years ago, I changed the email address of my account with username siepo, but as a consequence I got a new account siepo2. I would like to have just the siepo account, but with the siepo2 email address.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Duplicate accounts

There is no siepo2 account in our database. In July 2018, you changed the email address in your siepo account. That is the only email change I can see.

From what I can find, there is nothing preventing you from changing your forum email address. It does not have to match the email set as preferred in your Ubuntu One account - a match is only needed on initial linking of the Ubuntu One and forum accounts. If you do change your email, please remember to re-activate your account from the verification email sent to the new address.

I'm slightly puzzled by your mention of a siepo2 account. If one did exist, the only explanation I can think of is that it was disabled and renamed to a random username, but I have been unable to find any evidence of this so far. If you are sure you did once have a siepo2 account, do please post back and we can take it from there.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.