Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no problems here

Beans

no problems here

daily i read the forums and the problems people have, and i'm thinking to myself ,"why i never have these problems??"
    i must be the luckiest linux user on the planet lol
    (ps. i had a few probz here and there but nothing major,nothing timeshift can't solve)

anyway , my 2 cents
    happy linuxing...

Beans

Re: no problems here

Have almost similar luck. Do think it has a lot to do with what hardware we luck out to use. Most of mine as been see laptop and install ubuntu on it without googling to see if there are known problems with it. Find that google can find most answers that people already have had before me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ubuntu 20.04 has been problem free here too. Well, my new laptop had an issue but that was kind of expected and a newer kernel fixed it up. In my opinion, 20.04 is the best release so far, very nice work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No problems here.
    Have wife on 20.04 Lenovo Laptop.
    Have self on two 20.10 Lenovo Laptops.
    Happy wife, happy self.
    All good here.

Beans

Couple years ago I had the Internet connection just go away without explanation. (Have a lappie and a desktop here so I could research/confirm.) After poking around the forums, different SO posts, and other places trying different things, it magically re-appeared also with no apparent action on my part. Never had a problem since.

Other than that, none of the recurring nightmares I had running windows. Everything just works.

Beans

I generally don't have problems with Linux as I use old desktop computers and I install and use Linux as it comes OOTB.

I have seen some computers that Linux just don't like and just won't install and run on and those computers become firearm targets.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I installed my new home server (+ raspberry pi) just when 20.04 was released. Both have been running rock solid all the time.
    Last edited by ameinild; September 15th, 2020 at 10:16 PM.
    Supermicro Server :: Atom C3558 (4) @ 2.2 GHz :: 64 GB ECC DDR4-2400 :: 512 GB NVMe :: 4x 2 TB SSD @ RAID-Z :: 1x Raspberry Pi 4 Server

Scripts: directory-tools | rsync-backup | add-apt-key

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

No real problems except that my timeout in grub.cfg is set to 5 seconds (etc/default/grub) but every now and then it goes to 30 seconds, not really work reporting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Same with me, although I had to jump through some hoops to get my webcam to work on my Macbook this week.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The only problem I have had over the years with Ubuntu is this: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2329514

So, I gave the Bose Companion 5's (USB) speakers to my son who had a Windows 7 Gaming Computer, and bought a pair of Harman/Kardon SoundSticks (3.5mm plug) for my computer, and haven't looked back.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast