Thread: zinclinux

Beans

zinclinux

I've got it from " https://zinclinux.tech.blog/ " and I'm very impress ; would like to get some more information on it but it looks like you have to get a website from " wordpress.com " which I'm not interested in doing , don't know what will I do if something goes wrong ; maybe some one can give me more details

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: zinclinux

No, the "wordpress" on the top is an ad.
    You can scroll down the "Questions" page and "Leave a reply"...

Beans

I've done that but again it will end up asking you to get a website ; so since there is no other way I can only hope that one day Canonical would notice this distro and we could have Ubuntu-xfce ( not Xubuntu ) out of the box

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It's almost out of the box:

- Install Ubuntu minimal
    - Install XFCE

Beans

Hi, Jarp53. I was just checking search results for "zinclinux" and found this thread.
    I'm the creator of zinclinux, and I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

ZincLinux is a modified and rebranded Ubuntu + XFCE. I wanted to make Xubuntu a little better, by my own tastes.

I made it exactly as I would want it, and then I made changes based on testers and reddit users input.
    I tried to make it all things, for all people, which is impossible, of course. Then I created the WP site to share it, without any marketing effort.

I use it daily on 8 home systems, and I know of a few households that have used it as an introduction to Linux.
    I'm always happy to see other people appreciating the effort I've made.

It was a fun learning process to make the changes to Firefox and write the basic scripts.
    But, to be fair, I have done light polishing and owe everything to the developer who made it possible.

-Joe
    Last edited by zinclinux; October 10th, 2020 at 05:05 AM.