Thread: 20.04 LTS keyboard not working

Beans

20.04 LTS keyboard not working

Hello,

I've ben using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for a month without any issue. Yesterday, I tried to log in with my keyboard but it didn't respond. My mouse is working and I managed to enter and launch the terminal. As suggested in some pages, I typed "sudo apt-get install-xserver-xorg-input-all", pressed enter and rebooted but it made no difference.
    I also tried getting to the Gurb and I was able to type in it, so I assume the issue is not due to the keyboard itself.
    My laptop is an Acer E5-511, if it helps.

Does anyone have an idea how I could resolve this?

Beans

Re: 20.04 LTS keyboard not working

Guessing that you have updated to kernel 5.4.0-44. Would use kernel 5.4.0-42 or earlier, for now, or an external keyboard(wireless works for me)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crip720 View Post
    Guessing that you have updated to kernel 5.4.0-44. Would use kernel 5.4.0-42 or earlier, for now, or an external keyboard(wireless works for me)
    Will use an external if regressing doe not work. My current kernel is 5.4.0-45-generic.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Beans

Very sorry, posted in the wrong thread.

Beans

Thank you! I've just switched to a previous kernel and it does work. I'll try with an external keyboard when I can.

Beans

There was a post askubuntu about using the [discover] command, have not tried it yet(using another laptop)