Thread: Connection issues (Need help)

Beans

Question Connection issues (Need help)

I have problems with the internet connection, but when I ping any website

" kevin@kevin:~$ ping <snip> "
    it seems alright. However, other google/DDG pages don't open because of the "Internet issue."
    Last edited by coffeecat; September 1st, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Connection issues (Need help)

glance at 'journalctl -b' output into a terminal: red line = error, yellow one stands for warning (harmless)

which release/DE are you using ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

On Sunday, there was a huge internet outage that hit parts of Europe and North America. Some sites, including UbuntuForums were impacted. Some huge services, like Cloudflare, a content distribution network, were impacted as well. My service was up, but I couldn't reach many websites for a few hours. Mostly, they were using cloudflare, but some others were unavailable too, at least for me.

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04.01

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by hikticrab View Post
    Ubuntu 12.04.01
    Ubuntu 12.04 went end of life over 3 years ago and has had no patches or security updates since then. If by 12.04.01 you mean 12.04.1, then you are still on the first point release, and missed out on the 12.04.2 point release which happened over 7 years ago. In the circumstances perhaps it is just as well you are experiencing an "internet issue". You should not be connected to the internet at all with such an out-of-date, unpatched, and obsolete operating system. In all conscience no one here can help you with internet problems with 12.04.1. You would be well advised to make a fresh installation of a supported release. If you need help with installing a supported version of Ubuntu, you are very welcome to start a new thread for this.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've just noticed that you re-edited your first post. Originally your first post included a URL in your ping line that linked to a commercial site. Another member of forum staff removed that link because it could have been seen as spam - they gave you the benefit of the doubt. I see that you edited it back in again. I have removed it again, and have closed this thread because:

1. Since you claim to be running an unsupported version of Ubuntu there is nothing more to be said.
    2. So that you cannot edit the link back in again.

Any further such posted links will be treated as spam.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.