Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recently unable to mount Windows 2012 Server network drives

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Recently unable to mount Windows 2012 Server network drives

Interesting. My Linux servers were never part of the domain but were able to connect to Windows (2003/2008/2012) servers that were on a domain. I never connected to a DC though (mainly because it is VERY bad practice to run file services on a DC).

It has been a while since I've connected to Windows though. I switched over to Linux as my backup target and thus have been using NFS. If I get some time, I will try to connect to a fully-patched Win2012 server.

LHammonds

Beans

Re: Recently unable to mount Windows 2012 Server network drives

Interesting. My Linux servers were never part of the domain but were able to connect to Windows (2003/2008/2012) servers that were on a domain.
    Same with all of mine; none of the servers were/are joined to the domain.

I never connected to a DC though (mainly because it is VERY bad practice to run file services on a DC).
    Agreed, which is why up until recently my two DCs were running server core and were ONLY DCs. No file shares. No nothing.

If I get some time, I will try to connect to a fully-patched Win2012 server.
    If it's Ubuntu core connecting to a Windows Server (it seems any version) it must be a DC otherwise it can't authenticate for the drive mounts. What's odd is that my laptop running the latest stable release of Mint mounts the shares just fine.

Update on the issue: Rebooted the Ubuntu server several times and the shares continue to mount successfully.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345