Thread: how can i be informed when ubuntu implement easy to use encryption for the system?

Beans

how can i be informed when ubuntu implement easy to use encryption for the system?

hi

i want to be sure that i will be informed when a feature of the home directory encryption {upon installation} is available and reliable, so i can use it.
    can you tell me if there is a way to be informed about that?

in my last installation of ubuntu latest version there wasn't such a feature as far as i'm aware of.

thanks )

Beans

Re: how can i be informed when ubuntu implement easy to use encryption for the system

Hmm, the LUKS full disk encryption has been available for about 15 years and works very well indeed. So I'm afraid you missed the message a long time ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: how can i be informed when ubuntu implement easy to use encryption for the system

Encryption of the home directory only used to be available, but was dropped several years ago. I don't remember why, I think it didn't add a lot of real security. You can use full disk encryption.

Beans

i've heard of it vaguely but when tried to understand how to use it i got confused.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Impavidus View Post
    I think it didn't add a lot of real security.
    ok thanks