Thread: what is the best touchscreen notebook with ubuntu

Beans

Question what is the best touchscreen notebook with ubuntu

Hello Ubuntu enthusiasts

I want to ask and get some opinions about the best touchscreen notebook with ubuntu

I am a computer science student and I already have experience with Linux on Lenovo ThinkPad and IdeaPad

however, it would be nice to also get the pen writing features on a notebook without the need for an extra

tablet. So the main requirement is a Linux friendly touchscreen - pen convertible notebook

I already made some research and found the following possibilities:

ThinkPad X390 Yoga
    ThinkPad L13 Yoga
    HP ENVY x360

which is the most compatible with Linux in your opinion with fewer driver problems headache?

and if you have a nice experience with other touchscreen laptops on Linux please let me know :)

Beans

Re: what is the best touchscreen notebook with ubuntu

Any touchscreen chromebook running chromeOS (which is linux kernel). Custom specified for the task.

Beans

I am using a HP ENVY x360 13-ag00x and the HP pen is not working. I also wrote a comment here about it, where you can read what the problems are. I think it is doable, but I do not know how. Almost everything else worked out of the box, but writing with a pen on the screen is the one thing that I am missing...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

OP is a drive-by, having registered to the forum, posted and logged out all within 8 minutes 2 months ago, and who has not logged in since.

Thread closed to prevent anyone else's time being wasted.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.