4 main 2tb hdds
    and 1 spare 2tb hdd

how do i mount /backup on the array

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: how do i mount something on my raid disks

Huh?

RAID isn't mounted. The file system is mounted. Do you have a file system?

Also, backups probably shouldn't be wasted on a RAID10 setup. RAID is for HA ... backups aren't the important part. Use RAID on the real disks, not backup storage.

What sort of RAID is it? Fake-RAID, SW-RAID, HW-RAID?

Usually, there is a RAID device created. Then we have to make a file system on that ... or partitions or LVM PV, which gets a VG and multiple LVs, then a file system is put onto each LV.

Finally, the file system gets mounted using either the mount command at the prompt for testing/temporary stuff or through the fstab or through systemd-Unit files or through a manually created script that gets called. 99% of the time, you want to use the fstab method.

As to how you "mount something on my raid disks" - I haven't a clue. The terminology isn't close enough to understand the intention. The last sentence says " how do i mount /backup on the array" - that would properly be stated - "how to I mount the file system on my array to /backup."

There are lots of examples for fstab entries in these forums. Or https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab
    But if the array isn't "assembled" and doesn't have a file system (mkfs) already, it won't work.