Thread: nvidia x setting cannot switch to intel properly

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question nvidia x setting cannot switch to intel properly

My laptop is an intel/nvidia hybrid graphic. I have installed nvidia390 driver but nvidia x setting can't switch to intel. Actually it shows it's changed but gpu(nvidia) is still hot.
    When I select nvidia if I don' do anything temp falls about 55c but if I move cursor, it starts to raise to about 90 and more to shutdown(video memory usage is low but gpu clock increase).formerly nvidia doesn't shutdown completely but there wasn't high clock problem while moving mouse or refreshing monitor.
    Now I have moved to manjaro and installed bumblebee with nvidia proprietary driver. The default gpu is intel and nvidia is turned off and system is much cooler.

nvidia gt525m , intel hd3000

I really appreciate your help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: nvidia x setting cannot switch to intel properly

Quote Originally Posted by mm1379 View Post
    Now I have moved to manjaro
    Thread moved to Arch and derivatives sub-forum.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.