Thread: Acer wireless mouse not working

Beans

Acer wireless mouse not working

It doesn't appear to show up at all (i've rebooted and tried the wireless networks).
    I'm trying to install it manually and I'm up to here (see pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Acer wireless mouse not working

WiFi and wireless mice have nothing in common apart from the fact that both depend on radio (wireless) technologies.

Wireless or wired mice show up the same way at System Settings > Mouse and Touchpad. The OS makes no distinction whatsoever - the wireless mouse (or keyboard) USB receiver is seen by the OS like any other wired counterparts.

Also, is it the same issue as in your other thread - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2448488 -? If so then a) you're using Mint so you shouldn't be posting in the main forum sections; b) your reported issues makes little to no sense and this thread alone suggests you may not know what you're doing or not as much as you think you do and c) please try known good hardware (meaning: very likely you're using defective peripherals unless you already tried in a different computer, preferably with a different OS and confirmed they're working as expected).
    Last edited by CelticWarrior; August 14th, 2020 at 04:47 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thread moved to MINT. which is more appropriate and a better fit, assuming this is the problem mentioned above by CW.

If this is another system using Ubuntu let us know; if deemed necessary this can then be moved to an appropriate forum section.

Beans

Answer. I've now tried four different mice. The answer is that Mint doesn't seem to handle them well. I've finally got one to work which is a simple scrolling mouse from China. It seems that the other mice require special drivers that Mint cannot bypass.