Thread: does this mouse is a good buy for linux?

Beans

does this mouse is a good buy for linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: does this mouse is a good buy for linux?

I have no idea, but I can say this: I have yet to come across a wireless keyboard or mouse that did not work.

There are somw gaming keyboards and mice that I have heard about problems getting all of the extras to work, but plain old mice and keyboards usually just work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Typically the more "generic" they are the better.

Only a handful of mice from a couple of brands have issues without some specific driver and/or some additional non-standard functions/button may not work out of the box.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Autodave View Post
    I have no idea, but I can say this: I have yet to come across a wireless keyboard or mouse that did not work.

There are somw gaming keyboards and mice that I have heard about problems getting all of the extras to work, but plain old mice and keyboards usually just work.
    i have some logitech mouse that does not function well on linux and i don't play games

Beans

It should work, but it has only one rating. The others on that page should work also, most seem better for price and have more ratings to go by.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I have only Logitech wireless hardware on four different machines. They all work flawlessly as long as you keep the batteries charged.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It should I'd think. The problem with mice and linux start when there multiple buttons that require specific software to program those extra buttons. I don't think any manufacturer provides software to program mouse buttons for Linux. I have seen software available for Linux to program or reprogram mouse buttons but it was not simple to use.