Thread: share internet connection on 1st ethernet port to device connected to 2nd ethernet po

Beans

share internet connection on 1st ethernet port to device connected to 2nd ethernet po

The only instructions I can find are to share the internet connection on my ethernet connection via wifi (which I am also doing); but my Mac Mini doesn't like the hotspot created by ubuntu on my laptop, so I am now trying to connect it via a 2nd ethernet connection.

Are there any instructions for doing that?

Ubuntu 19.10 on a ThinkpPad T480s

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: share internet connection on 1st ethernet port to device connected to 2nd etherne

Ubuntu 19.10 on a ThinkpPad T480s

This is the first problem you need to address: Ubuntu 19.10 is EoL. Please upgrade t o a supported release before anything else.

Beans

Re: share internet connection on 1st ethernet port to device connected to 2nd etherne

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    This is the first problem you need to address: Ubuntu 19.10 is EoL. Please upgrade t o a supported release before anything else.[/COLOR][/INDENT]

[/COLOR]
    Ooh, you seem to be implying that the new version will have a facility for this. Is that correct?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No, I'm not.

What I'm saying is that you or anybody else shouldn't​ use an End of Life release.

Beans

Please post the results of the commands
    Code:
    sudo iptables -L -nv
    sudo iptables -t nat -L -nv
    Wrap the results in [code][/code] tags for legibility.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users