Thread: Wacom driver beyond what 18.04 bundled

Beans

Wacom driver beyond what 18.04 bundled

I just got a Wacom Intros Pro. Ubuntu 18.04 sees it and treats it so far like a trackpad with basic pen recognition. Its a fancy device with apparent lots of capabilities on Windows/Mac. It has a bunch of buttons that seem to do nothing, as does the button on the pen. I'm wondering if there some enhanced software support on Linux. I know there is a linux-wacom project, but its not clear to me if thats anything different than whats built in to Ubuntu 18.04.

I'll admit I don't know what the fancy features would be This would be for slides.

In the opposite direction, I would appreciate any recommendation for a simple software drawing program, I can use during lectures. I'm a traditional chalk and blackboard person, and any real time drawing I do needs to be mostly wysiwyg, with some easy undo of the last mis-stroke.
    Last edited by kmand; August 8th, 2020 at 08:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Wacom driver beyond what 18.04 bundled

Quote Originally Posted by kmand View Post
    I just got a Wacom Intros Pro. Ubuntu 18.04 sees it and treats it so far like a trackpad with basic pen recognition. Its a fancy device with apparent lots of capabilities on Windows/Mac. It has a bunch of buttons that seem to do nothing, as does the button on the pen. I'm wondering if there some enhanced software support on Linux. I know there is a linux-wacom project, but its not clear to me if thats anything different than whats built in to Ubuntu 18.04.

I'll admit I don't know what the fancy features would be This would be for slides.

In the opposite direction, I would appreciate any recommendation for a simple software drawing program, I can use during lectures. I'm a traditional chalk and blackboard person, and any real time drawing I do needs to be mostly wysiwyg, with some easy undo of the last mis-stroke.
    Hi
    I used Wacom drivers from Linux Wacom projects when the inbuilt drivers failed occasionally. The simple drawing program which can be considered as equivalent to the blackboard for my online lectures is Xournal plus.
    With regards
    Dr Kurian
    Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.