Thread: Missing audio files.

Beans

Missing audio files.

In the past I had a bunch of audio wav files recorded on Audacity, but after checking them recently I see they have all been changed to lots of tiny 1mg au files under a file called boot data. How do I retrieve them?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Missing audio files.

.au is an old audio format https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_file_format . Use either audacity or ffmpeg to convert them to whatever format you like.

Beans

Thank you for that. But how can I use Audacity to reassemble the complete files.At the moment the files have been split up int small 1mg au files?

Beans

At the moment the files have been split up int small 1mg au files?
    It would help if you could tell us how you did that. If you don't know, neither do we.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I didn't answer previously because there were plenty of how-to guide found via google for merging audio files using audacity. Figured the OP would find those and follow one easily. Some things are really easy. This appears to be one of those times. I've used audacity for many audio needs usually around audiobooks and when converting old tape recordings to digital. There was always a guide that explained what to point and what to click for my needs. Some were websites. Others were youtube videos.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by julian.lees View Post
    In the past I had a bunch of audio wav files recorded on Audacity, but after checking them recently I see they have all been changed to lots of tiny 1mg au files under a file called boot data. How do I retrieve them?
    Just open the associated .aup file in Audacity?