Thread: Have any distro that is more windows to configure system ?

Beans

Have any distro that is more windows to configure system ?

Have any distro that is more windows to configure components how cpu power and others simple tasks ?
    Have details in Lubuntu hard to understand because the distro creator had done it. Example my 3G MODEM works, but I had to add an widget i systray to create an connection being not simple to figure that solution.
    I need an Linux simple to configure if possible not being need to use commands for some tasks.
    I not wait to do several commands allways to run an software and after another command to system configuration return to previous status. That is madness.
    Another problem is that finally look how nvidia driver is correctly installed because has an nvidia xserver settings in preferences. The problem is that my video card memory is 2,5 GHZ and that control panel is displaying 5 GHZ when in use being the double the frequency. Now I not understand if is an bug in control panel displaying wrong frequency value or if really the memory is being used in 5 GHZ that will damage my video card.
    One problem after figure how to configure after another problem .... hard to install driver and now that problem to figure.
    Please not see my post being an war or really speaking bad about Linux .... Yes I dislike how was done to configure simple tasks.
    If Linux distro wait to have more users need to change that details.
    Another problem is downloaded software packages are deleted that is one of more strange details, now If the software creator gain money for each download thus not is really an problem since that is possible for some users using metered connection an option to backup.
    Thanks for reply.
    Last edited by aug7744; August 7th, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Have any distro that is more windows to configure system ?

Linux is not Windows, never was, never will be and we like it that way.

If you want something that works like Windows, use Windows.

Beans

You can try PCLinuxOS. It has wizards for everything.
    https://www.pclinuxos.com/?page_id=2

Beans

Unhappily an bad understand about my post.

@Celticwarrior
    "Linux is not Windows, never was, never will be and we like it that way. If you want something that works like Windows, use Windows."
    Think about an user trying to learn about Linux, but not has enough time and wait only the enough to work with video and audio editing and has swtiched to Linux because not wait use windows again ..
    That user need to change the cpu power profile to performance when video editing and after return to cpu power save and need to open terminal to do 3 or more commands if is possible implement in Ubuntu an utility to automatically change cpu power profile ?
    That is the detail in Linux that I dislike, if has an utility does that feature is hard to see where to download or even what is name.
    For me not is problem use command line for some task since that not is to do all time.
    Not is to Linux be windows, but to be more simple in some details.
    Another detail ... I am Linux beginner user and had tried to figure how to change cpu power profile and was downloaded two cpu frequency utilities and now I not understand if because of installation of both softwares not is being possible to change cpu to power save.

Using Lubuntu here and see some details strange how if not is possible customize the start menu and roll bar in window side are hard to select.
    I not wait return to windows .... boycott even .... and have work to do and not is being possible

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

This is a technical support section, provided for people to ask specific questions about the support they need for their Ubuntu or Ubuntu official flavour operating systems. This is not a place to seek Linux distros that look and feel like Windows. Nor is it the place to air scattershot grumbles about Lubuntu or any Ubuntu flavour.

Thread closed.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. Unsolicited PMs about your account will be ignored. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.