Thread: @Moderator: I suggest a "One question-per-day" rule temporarily. Thank You.

GhX6GZMB is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

@Moderator: I suggest a "One question-per-day" rule temporarily. Thank You.

No names mentioned, but a certain new user posts a question with every keystroke at this point.
    I suggest that you implement the rule from my headline, at least temporarily, until things have settled down. Thank You.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: @Moderator: I suggest a "One question-per-day" rule temporarily. Thank You.

Not an Ubuntu technical support thread. Thread moved to Forum, Feedback and Help.

I think I know what you are referring to, and the situation is being monitored. In the meantime if you, or any other forum member, feels that a particular member is abusing the goodwill of the community, you can simply choose not to respond to any of their threads, and/or put them on your ignore list, and/or report an illustrative post using the report button. All reports are seen by forum staff and give staff an opportunity to discuss the situation.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

GhX6GZMB is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Thank You for your feedback.
    Indeed, I've stopped reading or replying to the threads in question. The problem is, that other relevant themes simply drown in the sheer mass of postings.

Beans

I've noticed it too. Sometimes certain people would be better off hiring a Linux expert in their area :-\

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

IMO, things are progressing. The user is actually very polite, always comes back to thank everybody and that's something.

I'm optimistic about this person's progress.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thank you to all for your input. In order to preserve confidentiality, and to prevent any accidental or inadvertent disclosure, I will close this thread now.

In fairness to the forum member obliquely referred to, I can only speak in general terms. Please be assured that staff will engage in confidential dialogue with individual members when that is deemed necessary. I know how frustrating it is for forum members whose goodwill and patience have been tested and they don't know whether action has been taken. I've been there, remembering similar situations years ago before I joined the staff. I'm sure all the forum staff have similar experiences.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.