Thread: Wired connection disconnecting automatically

Beans

Wired connection disconnecting automatically

I used to have ubuntu 16.04 in my Toshiba laptop. There everything was fine. In July 2020, I thought to upgrade it. I was successful till ubuntu 18.04 and then started for next upgrade for 20.04. In between, laptop got switched off and I lost the track. I installed ubuntu 20.04 using an USB. Now everything else is working fine other then network issue. I am using wired connection and it connects well. Since, it stops working after 10 minutes. After that either I have to disconnect the cable and connect it back or I have to disable connection and enable it in network setting. Can you please suggest me the solution to get out from this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Wired connection disconnecting automatically

Beans

I have already tried it before writing here. It is not working. Same problem continues without any change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev_Kumar View Post
    I have already tried it before writing here. It is not working. Same problem continues without any change.
    Exactly, what did you try? Exact commands or it will be hard for someone to help.

Beans

I have tried the points suggested at https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2417058
    Since, that is not working for my laptop. I am trying to connect with wired connection and it disconnects automatically within 10 minutes. After that either I have to remove the ethernet cable and put it back or I have to disable and unable the wired connection.