Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I disable F10 on ubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How do I disable F10 on ubuntu 20.04

Quote Originally Posted by frostfield View Post
    but I tried asking here first not expecting any condescending responses.
    Sorry, but I don't see a single condescending response here. Rather, I see head-scratching over a muddled, incomplete and incoherent question. People here do not posses crystal balls. Just saying.

Beans

Also note that many people (like me too) will frequently not give a detailed answer, but simply tell you which utility to use, because we know that there is a lot written about the subject already and it is easy enough to google for a solution once you know what to look for.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ml9104 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see a single condescending response here. Rather, I see head-scratching over a muddled, incomplete and incoherent question. People here do not posses crystal balls. Just saying.
    Sure, I agree I was a bit incoherent. This is not my mother tongue so writing takes a bit more effort. I was specifically referring to CelticWarrior's comment: "But again, DON'T PRESS the key and "problem" solved! So simple. Unlike what you want to do that seems, at best, silly. ". To me, it sounded condescending. Maybe I overreacted but it's all good. He/she suggested it had to do with my hardware which was correct. For that I'm grateful.

@HermanAB: I appreciate the help and I didn't expect anyone explaining step by step exactly how to solve my issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWarrior View Post
    On my Ubuntu 20.04, the F10 key does nothing.

Why do you think it needs to be disabled? What does the F10 key do in your system that you don't want?
    Not sure why it does nothing on your system, but I am running Ubuntu 20.04 and GNOME, and F10 drops down the menu of the application I'm currently in.

I'd also love to know how to disable it as I use Midnight Commander lots and exiting with F10 (like mc is supposed to exit) would be nice, if possible.

Basically, yes, F10 is annoying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12