Thread: Farewell Ubuntu

Beans

Farewell Ubuntu

I have finally bitten the bullet and declared Ubuntu now dead. I have gone back to Windows 10 after seven years of using Ubuntu 14.04. And I never thought I would ever say that even Windows 10 is indisputable superior to any version of Ubuntu after version 14.04. Ubuntu 14.04 was the last Ubuntu version that actually functioned properly, but unfortunately it has also been declared dead by the Ubuntu Community.

Good going guys. I know you won't miss me.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Farewell Ubuntu

I'll miss you. But I must say, I think you give up far too easy. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is VERY good and there are different flavors of that like Xfce, Mate and others.

There are also other distros like PC Linux OS, which is very very good and does not have "The Emperors New Clothes" like Ubuntu 20.04 has. Only my opinion of course.

Furthermore, there are weekly news about updates for Windows 10 that go bad. Add to that, all the viruses and ransomware that mostly hits Windows.
    Any follow-up information on your issue would be appreciated. Please have the courtesy to report back.

Beans

Man if you have a computer that runs Windows 10 than Ubuntu 18.04 or Ubuntu 20.04 should run without problems.
    I say this because I use 2009 / 2010 desktops and they run Ubuntu without problems.

As webaake said there are other Linux distros and PCLinuxOS is an excellent choice that I run on a 2009 desktop without problems.

What caused you to return to Windows 10.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Moved to Recurring Discussions.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors