Thread: Have any text editor that allow change background color and text color ?

Beans

Have any text editor that allow change background color and text color ?

Have any simple text editor being fast that allow find replace words, clicking in lines with http address open internet site directly in firefox or other browser and change background color in text area and the text color ?
    I use in windows metapad. Have in Linux any software with same feature ?
    Thanks for reply.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Have any text editor that allow change background color and text color ?

Many choices of such editors available but my own preference is cherrytree

sudo apt install cherrytree

Development underway for next generation for use in Ubuntu 20.04.

P.S. CherryTree files run across Windows and Linux. I use the XML file save option instead of SQLite save option
    Last edited by dragonfly41; August 3rd, 2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: update on cross platform usage

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

There's a huge number of text editors: gedit, nedit, kate, vim, emacs, nano, ..., not to mention the really arcane ed. Every somewhat decent text editor supports search and replace. My favourite text editor (vim) allows clicking on a url to open it in a web browser, but that's not a feature of the text editor. It's a feature of the terminal in which it runs. Other than syntax highlighting, setting text and background colours is part of markup, not text editing, so pure text editors don't support that. There can't be colours in a plain text file. Colours may be supported by word processors.

Beans

I wait color in background only to change from white to yellow and the text color to red and not to save that colors in txt file.
    Is only for view configuration
    Thanks very much for all replies.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I never tried such colour features. Just try a few of them. As you use Lubuntu, a qt-based editor like kate may be better than a gtk-based editor like gedit. For terminal-based text editors like vim (my favourite, but not considered simple) and nano, it's easier to change the terminal settings to get different default colours, although it may be possible to set the colours you want by abusing the syntax highlighting.

Beans

Tested CherryTree and Kate both are very good even
    Thanks for all replies.