Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft will buy Ubuntu ?

Beans

Microsoft will buy Ubuntu ?

Just for curiosity. Cannonical has a relationship with Microsoft. Maybe they will sell Ubuntu?
    Last edited by aug7744; August 4th, 2020 at 07:01 AM.

Beans

Re: Microsoft vai comprar Ubuntu ?

Quote Originally Posted by aug7744 View Post
    Just for curiosity. Cannonical has a relationship with Microsoft. Maybe they will sell Ubuntu?
    Here we go again.

https://fossbytes.com/microsoft-buys...linux-forever/
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

SUSE, openSUSE, Debian and Kali all run in the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Maybe they will all sell out.

Or maybe it is Microsoft that has already sold out, considering that at one time Linux was anathema to Microsoft.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by poorguy View Post
    Here we go again.
    Haha . . . I can imagine the number of users who's bowels began to weaken as they scroll through the text. LOL

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfer View Post
    Haha . . . I can imagine the number of users who's bowels began to weaken as they scroll through the text. LOL
    It's simple enough to spot from the start.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu is sponsored by a company called Canonical which is a privately owned company registered with the United Kingdom's Companies House department. It is within the bounds of possibility that the owner of Canonical or his heirs (upon his death) may sell Canonical one day. On the other hand Ubuntu is Open Source software. Even if Canonical decided to stop developing Ubuntu anyone interested in continuing development would be free to take the source code and continue development.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...ficant-control

This is what has happened to the desktop environment and user interface that Ubuntu was developing for smart phones and tablet PCs. Ubuntu Touch is now developed by a group of developers called Ubports.

https://ubports.com/

Whether a completely community developed Ubuntu will still be called Ubuntu is anybody's guess.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    Whether a completely community developed Ubuntu will still be called Ubuntu is anybody's guess.
    If the community were keeping it going because Canonical had spontaneously combusted, it would probably still be called Ubuntu. If it was a hard fork because Canonical had swerved evil for some reason it couldn't be called Ubuntu: that, and the names of the flavours, and some other things Canonical have done, are trademarked.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Microsoft has to negotiate its purchase of TikTok before it can do anything else.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/08/03/tr...ts-sale-price/
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Microsoft will buy Ubuntu ?

@sdsurfer
    "Haha . . . I can imagine the number of users who's bowels began to weaken as they scroll through the text. LOL"
    I had entered this site and it was exactly that ... worry after disappointed and after I was already thinking about testing another distro and in the end .... oh no ... I not had read the post date ;->

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by poorguy View Post
    It's simple enough to spot from the start.
    Yeah, I saw the April 1 date and knew right off, but a lot of users scan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast