Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running newer version of VirtualBox

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Running newer version of VirtualBox

sniper8752, did you not see my post above? -

Quote Originally Posted by halogen2 View Post
    Could you please post the entries from /var/log/apt/history.log for both the installation and uninstallation of the repo package?
    Xubuntu 22.04, ArchLinux ♦ System76 hardware, virt-manager/KVM, VirtualBox
    When your questions are resolved to your satisfaction, please use Thread Tools > "Mark this thread as solved..."

Beans

Yes, and it still doesn't work.
    gcc (Ubuntu 9.2.1-9ubuntu2) 9.2.1 20191008

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You also have to reinstall the Virtualbox Extension Pack, that installs some additional kernel modules. The message indicates that you still have some older Virtualbox kernel modules installed.
    So:
    - install the deb file, preferably by dpkg or alternatively; install gdebi; right click the deb file and select gdebi.
    - double click the Virtualbox Extension Pack and install that pack downloaded from www.virtualbox.org.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

- install the deb file, preferably by dpkg or alternatively; install gdebi; right click the deb file and select gdebi.
    The default Software app can install .deb files. No need to install additional software, Gdebi or other, just double-click the file.

Beans

I ran into this as well. I **think** that I fixed it by downloading the latest extpack and then

Code:
    sudo VBoxManage extpack install --replace Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.12.vbox-extpack
    Sorry can't be more definite, was overly focused on getting the system up again.

And thanks for the link, @SeiijiSensei, that is of course the correct approach. I'll swing over to that next time I'm ready to upgrade virtualbox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12