Thread: Remove VueScan Folder

Beans

Remove VueScan Folder

I would like to remove the VueScan folder.

Ubuntu 20.04 64

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Remove VueScan Folder

Tell us more.

What VueScan folder are you talking about?
    Have you installed VueScan, and then subsequently uninstalled it?
    We can do nothing to help without more information, so help us to help you.

Beans

I am new to Ubuntu 20.04. Please forgive my ignorance. When I hit applications, I see a folder that I would like to remove.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I see now from your previous threads that you have installed VueScan in the past and now presumably want it totally removed.

However, most of us probably have no idea what folders or files the vuescan.deb archive installs into the system; I certainly don't, so as I said above tell us in more detail what you want and I'm sure we can tell you what to do.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I see now from your previous threads that you have installed VueScan in the past and now presumably want it totally removed.

However, most of us probably have no idea what folders or files the vuescan.deb archive installs into the system; I certainly don't, so as I said above tell us in more detail what you want and I'm sure we can tell you what to do.
    You summed it up perfectly well. I don't know what more to say.

Beans

This is all I can find on their site.

On Linux, delete these two files: ~/.vuescanrc /etc/.vuescanrc (if it exists)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If we install an application from the command line it should present itself in Ubuntu Software/app store. From there we should be able to remove the application. Based upon the purpose of Vuescan it should put a data folder in the users home folder. These folders do not get removed when we remove/uninstall an application.

To remove these kinds of data folders we use the file manager (files). It has the icon of a filing cabinet drawer. The file manager will open in your home folder. Find the folder from Vuescan. Select it. Right click on it to bring up a menu and select "Move to rubbish bin."

From the Ubuntu Desktop Guide (help)

If you do not want a file or folder any more, you can delete it. When you delete an item it is moved to the Trash folder, where it is stored until you empty the trash. You can restore items in the Trash folder to their original location if you decide you need them, or if they were accidentally deleted.To send a file to the trash:

• Select the item you want to place in the trash by clicking it once.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard. Alternatively, drag the item to the Trash in the sidebar.

The file will be moved to the trash, and you’ll be presented with an option to Undo the deletion. The Undo button will appear for a few seconds. If you select Undo, the file will be restored to its original location.To delete files permanently, and free up disk space on your computer, you need to empty the trash. To empty the trash, right-click Trash in the sidebar and select Empty Trash.
    If I have guessed right, do I get a biscuit? I am English. So, I do not eat cookies unless they are chocolate chip.

Regards.

P.S. A folder must be emptied before we can move it to the rubbish bin/delete it.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; July 30th, 2020 at 11:32 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    If we install an application from the command line it should present itself in Ubuntu Software/app store. From there we should be able to remove the application. Based upon the purpose of Vuescan it should put a data folder in the users home folder. These folders do not get removed when we remove/uninstall an application.

To remove these kinds of data folders we use the file manager (files). It has the icon of a filing cabinet drawer. The file manager will open in your home folder. Find the folder from Vuescan. Select it. Right click on it to bring up a menu and select "Move to rubbish bin."

From the Ubuntu Desktop Guide (help)

If I have guessed right, do I get a biscuit? I am English. So, I do not eat cookies unless they are chocolate chip.

Regards.

P.S. A folder must be emptied before we can move it to the rubbish bin/delete it.
    I wish that I could say good show mate

When I press it once, it opens up.

Beans

It was so obvious that I forgot about how to remove it. I went to installed programs and removed it.