Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer completely hangs while watching Youtube

Beans

Re: Computer completely hangs while watching Youtube

Ohh ok, got it. Yeah I neither game or do video editing at all, so I'm not going to go down that road, better to keep things working decently right now.
    Got it. I read that I should remove the drivers I installed today, before performing a major update to my OS.
    I might keep the ppa enabled since battery life is a bit of an issue for me and I'm hoping there will be some improvements on that front, but I'll definitely bear it in mind.
    Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sakh View Post
    Ohh ok, got it. Yeah I neither game or do video editing at all, so I'm not going to go down that road, better to keep things working decently right now.
    Got it. I read that I should remove the drivers I installed today, before performing a major update to my OS.
    I might keep the ppa enabled since battery life is a bit of an issue for me and I'm hoping there will be some improvements on that front, but I'll definitely bear it in mind.
    Thanks
    No, you don't need to remove the driver (downgrading with ppa purge) unless you do an OS upgrade. All other upgrades including kernel would work seamlessly. But I won't recommend OS "upgrade" anyway, when you want to install a new Ubuntu release, just backup your data and do a clean install.

Beans

Ok and for disabling the ppa, how often should I enable it and update the drivers?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sakh View Post
    Ok and for disabling the ppa, how often should I enable it and update the drivers?
    If you always want the update, you can just left it enabled, the oibaf ppa updates every several days, if I remember correctly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123