Thread: Any way to add a link to Twitter to my profile?

Beans

Any way to add a link to Twitter to my profile?

I looked all over the options in Settings and My Profile and don't see any way to add a link to social media accounts. Is that intentional?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Any way to add a link to Twitter to my profile?

Not intentional. Probably more a limitation of the vBulletin software.

To be honest, I don't remember any demand for profile social media links, and only a short lived discussion in the Forum Council many years ago that didn't come to anything. Unless I'm missing something in the veritable labyrinth that is the admin control panel for vbulletin, we would have to look at mods if we were to consider adding social media links. And therein lies a practical problem. Canonical IS is responsible for administering the forum servers. Requests for modifications to the software have to be considered and audited by them, and it is a long, bureaucratic process that is usually unsuccessful. Unless there was overwhelming demand for such a functionality, I doubt it would be worth the effort.

Thanks for the thought anyway.

In theory, we could add a plain text field to the profile, but that hardly adds the functionality you would want.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.