Thread: Seem to have no rights but been here a while

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Seem to have no rights but been here a while

For some reason I can not get notifications or anything from the forum, so I have probably screwwed something up some where
    Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts

I can log in to the forum via SSO, my email address both in SSO and this forum appear to be correct, perhaps I have some settings wrong in my options but I am not allowed to edit my options so can not check or change them. wonder if anyone can help?

Cheers
    Adrian

p.s. I probably sent a few messages to the webmaster on this as well as I though that was who I should contact. Under the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Seem to have no rights but been here a while

The admin console says you are in the group awaiting email confirmation.

You should have received an email and need to confirm your email is correct.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

But I am not receiving any emails from the forum at all can you check if I have no emails allowed in my settings or anything that is wrong in there, My email uses googlemail.com in case that makes any difference?

I have checked my spam box but can find nothing in there.

Adrian

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I have never seen it so, do not know details.

Sticky on SSO
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2230004
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I fixed the email confirmation issue for you by changing your usergroup so now you can post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you for that, it has allowed me to respond to someone helping me.

If I can ask more I just tried to edit my settings and then profile etc to see if I could spot an error, butas soon as I click on the profile or General settings I am getting this:-

adrian-h, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of the following reasons:

1. If you have made fewer than 10 posts, access to your personal settings is restricted. See here for more details.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post to a Resolution Centre thread that another user has started, the permissions for the Resolution Centre do not permit this. Anyone may start a Resolution Centre thread, but only the thread starter and forum staff are able to post to it.
    4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So I can not reset to forum defaults or look at what I may have wrong. I can only guess that that is also some activation setting as well, is it possible for this to be changed.

Thanks
    Adrian

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Fixed now. Please try again.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you I am back in to my profile.

Adrian