Thread: Ubuntu Doesn't have a autoclicker application?

Beans

Ubuntu Doesn't have a autoclicker application?

Okay i been looking every where for a good working autoclicker for linux ubuntu and i cant seem to find a working up to date script i need it for a game and asking anyone out there if they could help me with this problem that would be great im new to linux so i have very little linux smarts but im getting there

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Doesn't have a autoclicker application?

What's autoclicker and what does it do?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

An auto clicker is a type of software or macro that can be used to automate clicking. They can be triggered to generate input that was recorded earlier or generated from various current settings. Auto clickers can be as simple as a program that simulates mouse clicks.

basically auto clicks ur mouse for you and some even record mouse movements and will play and copy everything u did but yeah i'm not able to find one

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

xdotool for simple needs. I use this hundreds of times every day and don't really think about it. I have keyboard accel keys setup to perform a number of different tasks - mostly to launch programs with specific options, constraints, from specific directories. Pretty much anything can be automated - like I run Chromium with a specific webcam, specific microphone, at a specific zoom level for some video conferences. No worries that I changed something in Pulse and screwed up the settings.

Also look for Xnee for https://xnee.wordpress.com/ and look for X11 testing tools. These testing tools can ensure exactly the correct object, not just by screen location, get the desired event.

Webapp testing tools can get really elaborate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar..._testing_tools is a list. I've used Selenium.

There are screen text recorders used for CLI presentations that record just the text entered and the delays for the next point when text needs to be entered. https://www.tecmint.com/record-and-r...-using-script/

If you want to go hard-core, use Tk/TCL via expect. The killer application for expect was changing passwords on 50-200 different system passwords back when we didn't use NIS, NIS+, LDAP and NFS on the networks. Since ssh-keys became a thing, expect just hasn't been needed. I have a calendar entry to remind that changing out my keys are needed every year, but I keep the old key files around a few yrs. Hummm. I should script the migration from the old ssh-key to the new ones.

Some DEs may get in the way for some of these tools, but I know xdotool works fine with openbox and fvwm. I have no idea if they work with Gnome3 or when using non-X11 like Wayland. Probably should work fine, but until you try, you won't know.

BTW, good for asking this question. Unix has been around a very long time and there are some solutions for pretty much anything that would have been dont 10, 20, 30, 40 yrs ago. Also, most of the old stuff still works, but has been forgotten.

Instead of thinking "autoclicker", think "automated key input." Key input events can be directed to a specific widget, whereas doing that with a mouse will be less exact and much more hassle to setup.

Beans

thanks guys this helped thanks everyone for replying!

Beans

hi, use Max Auto clicker is available for linux ubuntu and windows

You can find how to install it here :
    https://maxautoclicker.blogspot.com/2021/05/mouse-auto-clicker-for-ubuntu-linux.html

and the download link :
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/maxautoclicker/

Beans

Autoclicker is only available for windows and MacOS.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

RIP, dear old thread.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.