Thread: Ubuntu 20.04 upgraded some network-manager packages, now problems are ensuing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ubuntu 20.04 upgraded some network-manager packages, now problems are ensuing

First of all, these issues only started on 20.04 after a recent network-manager upgrade (and the related components such as network-manager-gnome) and this is a laptop, HP envy m7-n101dx running 20.04. I have tried disabling power management on the device via two commands (I didn't write them down) given to me from someone on IRC. They essentially disabled power management for Wireless. Before that I was getting disconnected and had to manually reconnect to get back online. At least it's not permanent or requiring a reboot every time. I ran the command sudo lshw -C network and I apparently have an Intel Wireless 7265 card. I know these are plaguing users of the forums with issues related to their power management. But the real issue is recently it disconnected right after startup. Literally seconds after logging and directly from cold boot and the boot screen, instant disconnect. These issues have never happened on older releases or packages on this laptop. And it was gone for a while, so I was hoping it was done for. Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it? For a more detailed look at the command output, see below:

Output of sudo lshw -C network: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/B5dFjqJhh6/
    Sent by Mozilla master race.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 upgraded some network-manager packages, now problems are ensuing

Lets try

Code:
    sudo sed -i "s/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/g" /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf
    sudo systemctl restart network-manager.service

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 upgraded some network-manager packages, now problems are ensuing

Sorry for the delay. I asked on AskUbuntu and it seems fixed before I even looked here. Now a week with no disconnect. I've linked here for those who may find it helpful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

So a month and the solution posted in the link above still holds water. Thanks for the help here, guys. Can consider this issue resolved.