Hi, Yesterday, I installed ubuntu 20. on a 128 gb flash drive and this loads on a windows 7 HP desktop machine.

But, the graphics are not right, low resolution, moving the mouse to various things leads to things like the date menu not displaying properly, other stuff gets
similarly messed up, which I believe to be a driver issue. The graphics card is:

Nvidia Ge Force 7500LE.

This is my first adventure with Ubuntu so likely many of my troubles are through lack of experience. I have searched and tried remedies from several sites with no success, likely because
I am very unfamiliar with command lines and also because I do not have a systematic way to proceed and I am getting ideas from older versions
that may no longer be relevant and this leaves so many questions that I am not focused towards a solution.

So a few questions:

Is the usb drive arrangement ok for fixing this issue or does it need to install on the hard drive ?

I can create a terminal window with alt, ctrl... sometimes clear, other times messed up, part sloping at 45 degrees, command line horizontal and I can type to it.
Should I try and boot to a terminal window and fix the issue before booting to the GUI?

How can I find out what the correct driver is and how should I download and install it?

Thank you in advance for any help.