Thread: Ubuntu 20.04 - How To Copy MP3 Music To An Old Apple iPod Nano Device?

Beans

Question Ubuntu 20.04 - How To Copy MP3 Music To An Old Apple iPod Nano Device?

Hi,

Running current Ubuntu 20.04 LTS 64Bit on an old Apple MacBook laptop computer.
    How would I copy MP3 music to an old Apple iPod Nano device?
    I tried plugging in the iPod Nano into my Ubuntu computer and just copying over the MP3's.

MP3's are on the device now, but when searching for the new MP3's on the device they are not shown?
    This is for a friend, and we don't know much about Apple devices.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Jesse
    Last edited by JeZ-l-Lee; July 11th, 2020 at 10:55 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 - How To Copy MP3 Music To An Old Apple iPod Nano Device?

MP3's are on the device now, but when searching for the new MP3's on the device they are not shown?
    Does this mean that you can see the music files when you have the iPOD attached to Ubuntu? Can you access the files from Ubuntu and play them with whatever media player you use? Your quote above would seem to indicate the problem is with the Apple device. Does it work to play music files which were already on it? The only Apple device I've used is an iphone and the only way I could get to transfer/play music between it and a Linux system was to install ''vlc for mobile" on the iphone. Might try that, I don't know if you can do that on an ipod, never used one.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 - How To Copy MP3 Music To An Old Apple iPod Nano Device?

When the iPod Nano is plugged into Ubuntu laptop, it does show the new MP3's in Ubuntu's file manager.

But, when I unplug device and look for new MP3's on device they are not found?