Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Beans
    10

    Question Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    hi guys,
    there used to be mini iso (around 75-80 MB) available for development version of Ubuntu (which used to be updated once a month or so) from a link similar to this:
    Code:
    http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/eoan/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/
    Now all I could find is this page:
    Code:
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/focal/
    that asks to try "new Ubuntu Server installer":

    Code:
    https://ubuntu.com/download/server
    but there's link for Focal 20.04 only, and I cannot find any link for Groovy 20.10. By the way, I'm trying to install development version of Ubuntu MATE 20.10 using netboot / mini iso. Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    /dev/root
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    There will be no mini.iso of Groovy, to be released as Ubuntu 20.10, and future versions.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Beans
    10

    Question Re: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    There will be no mini.iso of Groovy, to be released as Ubuntu 20.10, and future versions.
    Many thanks for the reply.

    What about the "new Ubuntu Server installer" at
    Code:
    https://ubuntu.com/download/server
    Any ETA for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10 Server ISO there?


    Last edited by Frogs Hair; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:41 PM. Reason: Font

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I think I'm here! Maybe?
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    Focal seems to be the final mini.iso that will be available http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dis...tboot/mini.iso

    Perhaps you could install that and move to groovy by editing the /etc/sources.list file manually.

    I've never done that in Ubuntu, but it certainly works fine in a basic Debian install where I've moved from buster, Debian 10 Stable, to bullseye, Debian 10 Testing.

    Maybe worth a try, perhaps in a virtual install, just to see if it's a feasible move.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Beans
    10

    Question Re: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Focal seems to be the final mini.iso that will be available http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dis...tboot/mini.iso

    Perhaps you could install that and move to groovy by editing the /etc/sources.list file manually.

    I've never done that in Ubuntu, but it certainly works fine in a basic Debian install where I've moved from buster, Debian 10 Stable, to bullseye, Debian 10 Testing.

    Maybe worth a try, perhaps in a virtual install, just to see if it's a feasible move.
    Many thanks for the reply.

    If Ubuntu decided to make the mini.iso not available going forward, I guess that is it.

    But what about the "new Ubuntu Server installer" at

    Code:
    https://ubuntu.com/download/server
    Any ETA for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10 Server ISO there?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    /dev/root
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    There is a link to the Ubuntu Server Groovy iso file at the iso testing tracker: Download links for Ubuntu Server Subiquity amd64 and we can expect it will be released as 20.10 in October.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Beans
    10

    Thumbs up Re: Cannot find netboot mini iso for Ubuntu Groovy 20.10

    Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    There is a link to the Ubuntu Server Groovy iso file at the iso testing tracker: Download links for Ubuntu Server Subiquity amd64 and we can expect it will be released as 20.10 in October.
    Thanks alot

    This is what I was looking for:
    Code:
    http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/413/builds/216719/downloads

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •