Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: what is your flavor?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: what is your flavor?

Quote Originally Posted by madetosuffer View Post
    I'm absolutely in love with Ubuntu Budgie,
    was hard to know the basic tilix commands(and yep, i still have a lot to learn), but I'll never go back to windows, the design is so much better...
    what is your favorite ubuntu flavor and why? i'm thinking to get some space on my hd to try others...
    I really like Ubuntu Budgie. I'd probably go with that if Kubuntu was no longer a thing... But I really love me some KDE.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans

Definitely Budgie. I'd been using Mint/MATE since version 17.2 but I couldn't continue with Mint after being exposed to Ubuntu Budgie. Following is a quick screencast of my desktop which I made a couple of days ago to upload to the Ubuntu Budgie forum for a "show your desktop" post (BTW, this video will self-destruct about mid January 2021 as I'm on the "free" plan). The video mostly just shows me populating the workspaces with the help of Shuffler. For what it's worth, I like to use background images that are somewhat desaturated in order to make all of the desktop elements kind of jump out at me. I desaturated this particular image in Gimp but the left face of the tower was left fully saturated which enhances the appearance of sunrise (or sunset). The other thing I did was to choose an unconventional font ("Chilanka") to give the desktop a bit more personality. It displays almost everywhere except in the text editor, the terminal and the icons that reside on the desktop. I originally tried using "Purisa" for this but it takes up way too much vertical space... BTW, the hardware that I'm running on here is based on the low-end Celeron J1900 and was introduced about 2014. As you can see, it's quite snappy considering that the motherboard consumes around 10 watts.

https://streamable.com/4za9hl

Beans

I am using Ubuntu on Windows 10 Linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shibblet View Post
    I really like Ubuntu Budgie. I'd probably go with that if Kubuntu was no longer a thing... But I really love me some KDE.
    Oh......I am like you,i also like Ubuntu Budgie,at first, it was recommended to me by my brother.

Beans

fossapup for 32bit machines.

Beans

I am back to Ubuntu standard. Have gone through many of the flavours as well as Ubuntu based distros but keep coming back to the standard Ubuntu. Have used Unity, KDE, Gnome, and Cinnamon but seem to not really have any preference. If it works then it is good for me, I just adapt the system to my needs.

Beans

I like using the mini .iso and installing what I want/need. I did like Lubuntu and Xubuntu but they come with stuff I'd never use.
    So, vanilla Ubuntu with i3-wm is my DE atm.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456