Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to 20.04 damages pdf export from LibreOffice

Beans

Upgrade to 20.04 damages pdf export from LibreOffice

I have a couple of laptops, both of which can boot either Lubuntu 18.04 (4.15.0-109) or 20.04 (5.4.0-40). On both machines, if I boot into 20.04 and have a document in LibreOffice and export to a pdf file, the resulting output contains no text, although images are exported and are spaced as though the text were there. This was not a problem in 18.04.

As an experiment, installed the same downgraded version of LibreOffice on both systems, with the same result (no text exported when running 20.04, whereas text was exported when running 18.04).

I've reported this to LibreOffice Bugzilla, and received the following comment: "possibly only vcl:qt5 or Lubuntu build problem". I've also found a comment online in https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/quest...f-has-no-text/ saying
    Code:
    Here's a workaround for the time being:
    env SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen libreoffice &
    or, as I also have kf5
    env SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kf5 libreoffice &
    but qt5 (also installed) doesn't work
    I guess that this is indeed a Lubuntu issue (rather than a LibreOffice issue). The first workaround does indeed allow text to be exported to pdf files (although it changes the layout of the LibreOffice window somewhat) but isn't really appropriate for a non-technical user.

I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Upgrade to 20.04 damages pdf export from LibreOffice

Does not know which app is used by LO todo a pdf export; if its an external app/lib, then it could be a version regression of it too.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Not a problem exporting documents to PDF from either Writer or Calc on Kubuntu 20.04. Just did both those tasks over the past week.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Here's an update.

This is a known problem with Lubuntu 20.04, see https://lubuntu.me/focal-released/:

LibreOffice Exporting Documents as a PDF

There is a bug where certain fonts do not render in exported PDF documents. As a workaround, LibreOffice applications can be launched from the commandline with the following environment variable SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true. For example, to launch writer issue SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true libreoffice --writer.
    However, the workaround suggested here (with Cairo) opens LibreOffice and allows new documents to be created and exported to pdf, but attempting to open existing documents either messes up the screen or else crashes entirely.

As noted, this was raised as a bug with LibreOffice back in May 2019, see https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/...?id=125234#c11:
    Description:

LO does not embedded fonts in a PDF file if the VCL backend qt5 is used in combination with the QPainter renderer. Using qt5 and cairo renderer embeds the fonts. The same happens if PDF is used as an intermediate format for printing.

Steps to Reproduce:
    0, set VCL = qt5 and renderer = QPainter
    1. Open writer
    2. type some text in any font
    3. export to PDF
    So it seems that this is a qt5/cairo problem, arising when LibreOffice 6.x is used with Lubuntu 20.04 and the LXQt desktop. It would be nice if there was a way to launch LibreOffice with a suitable environment variable so that the problem didn't arise, but without having to open a terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

You should be able to edit the launcher for Writer to include the environment variable. For instance in my (KDE) launcher for Writer I have the command line
    Code:
    libreoffice --writer %U
    See if you can find the equivalent launcher in Lubuntu and replace the entry with
    Code:
    SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true; libreoffice --writer %U
    Alternatively, you might be able to declare the environment variable in your .bashrc. Use "nano ~/.bashrc" and add a line at the bottom of the file that reads
    Code:
    SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true
    Save the file, log out, and log back in. Any better?
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; July 4th, 2020 at 04:08 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Not much luck, I'm afraid.

As I said above, setting SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true tends to crash LibreOffice when opening existing files (despite it being official advice); I get, when starting in a terminal window,
    Code:
    $ SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true libreoffice --writer
    Icon theme "elementary" not found.
    Application Error
    On the other hand, SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen works fine in a terminal window, but I haven't been able to get a launcher to work as suggested. I've copied the LibreOffice launcher to my desktop as an executable file libreoffice-startcenter.desktop, and this contains the line Exec=libreoffice %U, but editing it as suggested to Exec=SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen; libreoffice %U gives an Invalid desktop entry file error.

I've also tried editing .bashrc to include SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen (or. alternatively, export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen which gives a permanent local change in a terminal window) and rebooting, but this doesn't seem to have global effect. If, on the other hand, I try to set the variable in /etc/environment, then I see from issuing env in a terminal window that the variable has been reset (I get SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=qt5).

Perhaps there's some other way to set the environment variable?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I suspact a general font problem in Lubuntu. Check which fonts are installed (or rather: available) in
    Code:
    /usr/share/fonts/truetype
    /usr/share/fonts/opentype
    Compare with which fonts are reported by, eg, LO Writer.

You might have to run
    Code:
    sudo fc-cache -f -v
    to get them synchronized.

Beans

Thanks. I tried synchronising fonts as suggested, but that made no difference.

Beans

Here's an update.

I've been able to edit the launcher file for LibreOffice writer, which lives in /usr/share/applications as libreoffice-writer.desktop, replacing Exec=libreoffice --writer %U by Exec=sh -c "SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true libreoffice --writer %U" in the [Desktop Entry] section, and similarly replacing Exec=libreoffice --writer by Exec=sh -c "SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true libreoffice --writer" in the [Desktop Action NewDocument] section. Here is the edited file.
    Code:
    #
    # This file is part of the LibreOffice project.
    #
    # This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
    # License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
    # file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
    #
    # This file incorporates work covered by the following license notice:
    #
    #   Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
    #   contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed
    #   with this work for additional information regarding copyright
    #   ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache
    #   License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file
    #   except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
    #   the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 .
    #
    [Desktop Entry]
    Version=1.0
    Terminal=false
    Icon=libreoffice-writer
    Type=Application
    Categories=Office;WordProcessor;
    # Exec=libreoffice --writer %U
    Exec=sh -c "SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true libreoffice --writer %U"
    MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master-template;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.global;application/msword;application/vnd.ms-word;application/x-doc;application/x-hwp;application/rtf;text/rtf;application/vnd.wordperfect;application/wordperfect;application/vnd.lotus-wordpro;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template;application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12;application/vnd.ms-works;application/vnd.stardivision.writer-global;application/x-extension-txt;application/x-t602;text/plain;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-flat-xml;application/x-fictionbook+xml;application/macwriteii;application/x-aportisdoc;application/prs.plucker;application/vnd.palm;application/clarisworks;application/x-sony-bbeb;application/x-abiword;application/x-iwork-pages-sffpages;application/x-mswrite;application/x-starwriter;
    Name=LibreOffice Writer
    GenericName=Word Processor
    GenericName[af]=Woordverwerker
    GenericName[am]=ቃላት ማቀናበሪያ
    GenericName[ar]=معالج المستندات
    GenericName[as]=Word প্ৰচেছৰ
    GenericName[ast]=Procesador de testos
    GenericName[be]=Тэкставы працэсар
    GenericName[bg]=Текстообработка
    GenericName[bn]=ওয়ার্ড প্রসেসর
    GenericName[br]=Kewerier testenn
    GenericName[bs]=Program za obradu teksta
    GenericName[ca]=Processador de textos
    GenericName[ca_valencia]=Processador de textos
    GenericName[cs]=Textový procesor
    GenericName[cy]=Prosesydd Geiriau
    GenericName[da]=Tekstbehandling
    GenericName[de]=Textverarbeitung
    GenericName[dz]=Word Processor
    GenericName[el]=Επεξεργαστής Word
    GenericName[en]=Word Processor
    GenericName[en_GB]=Word Processor
    GenericName[en_ZA]=Word Processor
    GenericName[eo]=Vortprocesilo
    GenericName[es]=Procesador de texto
    GenericName[et]=Tekstitöötlus
    GenericName[eu]=Testu prozesatzailea
    GenericName[fa]=واژه*پرداز
    GenericName[fi]=Tekstinkäsittely
    GenericName[fr]=Traitement de texte
    GenericName[ga]=Próiseálaí Focal
    GenericName[gd]=Giullachair teacsa
    GenericName[gl]=Procesador de textos
    GenericName[gu]=વર્ડ પ્રોસેસર
    GenericName[gug]=Procesador Mońe'ẽrăgui
    GenericName[he]=מעבד תמלילים
    GenericName[hi]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
    GenericName[hr]=Program za obradu teksta
    GenericName[hu]=Szövegszerkesztő
    GenericName[id]=Pengolah Kata
    GenericName[is]=Ritvinnsluforrit
    GenericName[it]=Elaboratore di testo
    GenericName[ja]=ワードプロセッサ
    GenericName[ka]=Word Processor
    GenericName[kk]=Мәтіндік процессор
    GenericName[km]=កម្មវិធី​វាយ​អត្ថបទ
    GenericName[kmr_Latn]=Kiryarę Peyvan
    GenericName[kn]=ವರ್ಡ್ ಪ್ರೊಸೆಸರ್
    GenericName[ko]=워드 프로세서
    GenericName[lt]=Tekstų rengyklė
    GenericName[lv]=Tekstapstrādes programma
    GenericName[mk]=Обработка на текст
    GenericName[ml]=വേര്*ഡ് പ്രൊസസ്സര്*
    GenericName[mn]=Ворд боловсруулагч
    GenericName[mr]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
    GenericName[nb]=Skriveprogram
    GenericName[ne]=वर्ड प्रोसेसर
    GenericName[nl]=Tekstverwerker
    GenericName[nn]=Teksthandsamar
    GenericName[nr]=Word Processor
    GenericName[nso]=Sebopi sa mantšu
    GenericName[oc]=Tractament de tčxte
    GenericName[om]=Hujeessaa Jecha
    GenericName[or]=ଶବ୍ଦ ସଞ୍ଚାଳକ
    GenericName[pa_IN]=ਵਰਡ ਪਰੋਸੈਸਰ
    GenericName[pl]=Procesor tekstu
    GenericName[pt]=Processador de texto
    GenericName[pt_BR]=Editor de texto
    GenericName[ro]=Procesor de text
    GenericName[ru]=Текстовый процессор
    GenericName[rw]=Musesenguramagambo
    GenericName[si]=ලිපි සකසනය
    GenericName[sk]=Textový procesor
    GenericName[sl]=Urejevalnik besedila
    GenericName[sr]=Уређивач текста
    GenericName[sr_Latn]=Uređivač teksta
    GenericName[ss]=Word Processor
    GenericName[st]=Word Processor
    GenericName[sv]=Ordbehandlare
    GenericName[szl]=Word Processor
    GenericName[ta]=சொற்செயலி
    GenericName[te]=వర్డ్ ప్రాసెసర్
    GenericName[tg]=Word Processor
    GenericName[th]=โปรแกรมประมวลผลคำ
    GenericName[tn]=Word Processor
    GenericName[tr]=Kelime İşlemci
    GenericName[ts]=Word Processor
    GenericName[ug]=يېزىق بىر تەرەپ قىلىش
    GenericName[uk]=Текстовий процесор
    GenericName[uz]=Matn protsessori
    GenericName[ve]=Word Processor
    GenericName[vi]=Xử lý từ
    GenericName[xh]=Word Processor
    GenericName[zh_CN]=文字处理软件
    GenericName[zh_TW]=文書處理器
    GenericName[zu]=Word Processor
    Comment=Create and edit text and graphics in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[af]=Skep en redigeer teks en beelde in briewe, verslae, dokumente en webbladsye met Writer.
    Comment[am]=የ ቃላት መጻፊያን በ መጠቀም ጽሁፎች እና ንድፎች ይፍጠሩ እና ያርሙ በ ፊደሎች: መግለጫዎች: ሰነዶች: እና ድህረ ገጾች
    Comment[ar]=أنشئ النصوص والصور وحررها في الرسائل، والتقارير، والمستندات وصفحات الوِب باستخدام رايتر.
    Comment[as]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[ast]=Crea y edita testos y gráficos de cartes, informes, documentos y páxines Web usando Writer.
    Comment[be]=Стварайце і рэдагуйце тэкст і графіку ў лістах, справаздачах, дакументах і старонках Сеціва з дапамогаю Writer-а.
    Comment[bg]=С Writer можете да създавате и редактирате текст и изображения в писма, отчети, документи и уебстраници.
    Comment[bn]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[br]=Krouiń hag embann testennoů ha skeudennoů evit lizhiri, danevelloů, teulioů ha pajennoů Web en ur ober gant Writer.
    Comment[bs]=Pravite i mijenjajte tekst i grafiku u pismima, izvještajima, dokumentima i internet stranicama koristeći Pisac.
    Comment[ca]=Creeu i editeu textos i imatges en cartes, informes, documents i pŕgines web amb el Writer.
    Comment[ca_valencia]=Creeu i editeu textos i imatges en cartes, informes, documents i pŕgines web amb el Writer.
    Comment[cs]=Writer umožňuje vytvářet a upravovat text a grafiku v dopisech, sestavách, dokumentech a webových stránkách.
    Comment[cy]=Creu a golygu testun a graffigau mewn llythyron, adroddiadau, dogfennau a thudalennau Gwe gyda Writer.
    Comment[da]=Opret og rediger tekst og billeder i breve, rapporter, dokumenter og websider med Writer.
    Comment[de]=Erstellen und Bearbeiten von Text und Bildern in Briefen, Berichten, Dokumenten und Webseiten – Writer macht's möglich.
    Comment[dz]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[el]=Δημιουργία και επεξεργασία κειμένου και εικόνων σε επιστολές, αναφορές, έγγραφα και ιστοσελίδες με τη χρήση του Writer.
    Comment[en]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[en_GB]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages using Writer.
    Comment[en_ZA]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[eo]=Krei kaj redakti tekston kaj grafikaĵojn en leteroj, raportoj, dokumentoj kaj TTT-paĝoj per Verkilo.
    Comment[es]=Cree y edite texto e imágenes en cartas, informes, documentos y páginas Web con Writer.
    Comment[et]=Writer vőimaldab luua ja redigeerida kirjade, aruannete, dokumentide ning veebilehtede teksti ja pilte.
    Comment[eu]=Sortu eta editatu testua eta irudiak gutunetan, txostenetan, dokumentuetan eta web orrietan Writer erabiliz.
    Comment[fa]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[fi]=Luo ja muokkaa tekstiä ja kuvia kirjeisiin, raportteihin, tekstiasiakirjoihin ja internet-sivuihin Writer-ohjelmalla.
    Comment[fr]=Writer - Création et édition de textes et d'images pour courriers, rapports, documents et pages Web.
    Comment[ga]=Cruthaigh téacs agus grafaicí i litreacha, tuairiscí, cáipéisí, agus leathanaigh Ghréasáin le Writer.
    Comment[gd]=Cruthaich is deasaich teacsa is dealbhan ann an litrichean, aithisgean, sgrěobhainnean is duilleagan-lěn le Writer.
    Comment[gl]=Cree e edite texto ou imaxes en cartas, informes, documentos e páxinas web usando Writer.
    Comment[gu]=લખાણ દ્દારા પત્રો, અહેવાલો, દસ્તાવેજો અને વેબ પાનાઓમાં લખાણ અને ચિત્રો બનાવો અને સુઘારો.
    Comment[gug]=Rejapo ha edite mońe'ẽră ha gráficos en cartas, informes, documentos ha togue Web reipuru jave Writer.
    Comment[he]=יצירה ועריכה של טקסט וגרפיקה במכתבים, דוחות, מסמכים ודפי אינטרנט באמצעות Writer.
    Comment[hi]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[hr]=Stvorite i uredite tekst i slike u pismima, izvještajima, dokumentima i internetskim stranicama koristeći Writer.
    Comment[hu]=Levelek, jelentések, dokumentumok és weboldalak szövegének és képeinek létrehozása és szerkesztése a Writer használatával.
    Comment[id]=Membuat dan menyunting teks dan gambar pada surat, laporan, dokumen, dan halaman Web menggunakan Writer.
    Comment[is]=Búa til og breyta texta og myndefni í bréfum, skýrslum, skjölum og vefsíđum međ ţví ađ nota Writer.
    Comment[it]=Usando Writer puoi creare e modificare il testo e le immagini di lettere, rapporti, documenti e pagine web.
    Comment[ja]=Writer を使用して、レター、レポート、ドキュメントおよび Web ページのテキストおよびイメージを作成および編集します。
    Comment[ka]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[kk]=Writer көмегімен хаттарда, құжаттарда, есептемелерде және веб-парақтарда мәтінді және суреттерді жасау және түзетуге болады.
    Comment[km]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[kmr_Latn]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[kn]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[ko]=라이터를 사용하여 편지, 보고서, 문서 및 웹 페이지에서 텍스트와 그림을 만들고 편집할 수 있습니다.
    Comment[lt]=Tekstų rengykle galima kurti laiškus, ataskaitas, kitus dokumentus ir tinklalapius, įterpti į juos paveikslus.
    Comment[lv]=Veidot un rediģēt tekstu un attēlus vēstulēs, atskaitēs, dokumentos un tīmekļa lapās, lietojot Writer.
    Comment[mk]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[ml]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[mn]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[mr]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[nb]=Opprett og rediger tekst og bilder i brev, rapporter, dokumenter og nettsider ved ĺ bruke Writer.
    Comment[ne]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[nl]=Met Writer kunt u tekst en afbeeldingen in brieven, rapporten, documenten en webpagina's maken en bewerken.
    Comment[nn]=Laga og redigera tekst og bilete i brev, rapportar, dokument og nettsider i Writer.
    Comment[nr]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[nso]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[oc]=Writer - Creacion e edicion de tčxtes e d'imatges per corričrs, rapňrts, documents e paginas Web.
    Comment[om]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[or]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[pa_IN]=ਰਾਇਟਰ ਦੀ ਵਰਤੋਂ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਪੱਤਰਾਂ, ਰਿਪੋਰਟਾਂ, ਦਸਤਾਵੇਜ਼ਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਵੈੱਬ ਸਫ਼ਿਆਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਟੈਕਸਟ ਅਤੇ ਚਿੱਤਰ ਬਣਾਏ ਅਤੇ ਸੋਧੇ ਜਾ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ।
    Comment[pl]=Twórz i edytuj tekst oraz obrazy w listach, raportach, dokumentach i stronach internetowych za pomocą programu Writer.
    Comment[pt]=Criar e editar texto e imagens em cartas, relatórios, documentos e páginas Web com o Writer.
    Comment[pt_BR]=Crie e edite textos e figuras em cartas, relatórios, documentos e páginas da Web por meio do Writer.
    Comment[ro]=Creați și editați textele și grafica din documente, scrisori, rapoarte și pagini web folosind Writer.
    Comment[ru]=Создание и редактирование текста и изображений в письмах, отчётах, документах или веб-страницах при помощи Writer.
    Comment[rw]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[si]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[sk]=Writer umožňuje vytvárať a upravovať text a grafiku v správach, dokumentoch a webových stránkach.
    Comment[sl]=S programom Writer ustvarjajte in urejajte besedilo in slike v pismih, poročilih, dokumentih in spletnih straneh.
    Comment[sr]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[sr_Latn]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[ss]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[st]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[sv]=Skapa och redigera text och grafik i brev, rapporter, dokument och webbsidor med hjälp av Writer.
    Comment[szl]=Twōrz i edytuj tekst we listach, reportach, dokumyntach i strōnach www przi użyciu Writera.
    Comment[ta]=கடிதங்கள், அறிக்கைகள், ஆவணங்கள், வலைப்பக்கங்கள் ஆகியவற்றின் உரை, பிம்பங்களை உருவாக்கவும் தொகுக்கவும் ரைட்டரைப் பயன்படுத்துக.
    Comment[te]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[tg]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[th]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[tn]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[tr]=Writer kullanarak mektuplardaki metin ve grafikleri, rapor, belge ve Web sayfaları oluşturun ve düzenleyin.
    Comment[ts]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[ug]=Writer ئىشلىتىپ خەت-چەك، دوكلات، پۈتۈك ۋە تور بەتتىكى تېكست ۋە سۈرەتلەرنى قۇرۇپ تەھرىرلىگىلى بولىدۇ.
    Comment[uk]=Створюйте та редагуйте текст та графіку у листах, звітах, документах та веб-сторінках за допомогою Writer.
    Comment[uz]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[ve]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[vi]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[xh]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    Comment[zh_CN]=使用 Writer 对信函、报告、文档以及网页中的文字和图像进行编辑。
    Comment[zh_TW]=使用 Writer 可以製作與編輯書信、報告、文件和網頁中的文字和影像。
    Comment[zu]=Create and edit text and images in letters, reports, documents and Web pages by using Writer.
    StartupNotify=true
    X-GIO-NoFuse=true
    Keywords=Text;Letter;Fax;Document;OpenDocument Text;Microsoft Word;Microsoft Works;Lotus WordPro;OpenOffice Writer;CV;odt;doc;docx;rtf;
    InitialPreference=5
    StartupWMClass=libreoffice-writer
    X-KDE-Protocols=file,http,ftp,webdav,webdavs

Actions=NewDocument;
    [Desktop Action NewDocument]
    Name=New Document
    Name[af]=Nuwe dokument
    Name[am]=አዲስ ሰነድ
    Name[ar]=مستند جديد
    Name[as]=নতুন দস্তাবেজ
    Name[ast]=Documentu nuevu
    Name[be]=Новы дакумент
    Name[bg]=Нов документ
    Name[bn]=নতুন নথি
    Name[br]=Teul nevez
    Name[bs]=Novi dokument
    Name[ca]=Document nou
    Name[ca_valencia]=Document nou
    Name[cs]=Nový dokument
    Name[cy]=Dogfen Newydd
    Name[da]=Nyt dokument
    Name[de]=Neues Dokument
    Name[dz]=ཡིག་ཆ་གསརཔ།
    Name[el]=Νέο έγγραφο
    Name[en]=New Document
    Name[en_GB]=New Document
    Name[en_ZA]=New Document
    Name[eo]=Nova dokumento
    Name[es]=Documento nuevo
    Name[et]=Uus dokument
    Name[eu]=Dokumentu berria
    Name[fa]=پرونده جدید
    Name[fi]=Uusi asiakirja
    Name[fr]=Nouveau document
    Name[ga]=Cáipéis Nua
    Name[gd]=Sgrěobhainn ůr
    Name[gl]=Novo documento
    Name[gu]=નવું દસ્તાવેજ
    Name[gug]=Documento Pyahu
    Name[he]=מסמך חדש
    Name[hi]=नया दस्तावेज़
    Name[hr]=Novi dokument
    Name[hu]=Új dokumentum
    Name[id]=Dokumen Baru
    Name[is]=Nýtt skjal
    Name[it]=Nuovo documento
    Name[ja]=新規の文書ドキュメント
    Name[ka]=~ახალი დოკუმენტი
    Name[kk]=Құжатты жасау
    Name[km]=ឯកសារ​ថ្មី
    Name[kmr_Latn]=Belgeya Nű
    Name[kn]=ಹೊಸ ದಸ್ತಾವೇಜು
    Name[ko]=새 문서
    Name[lt]=Naujas dokumentas
    Name[lv]=Jauns dokuments
    Name[mk]=Нов документ
    Name[ml]=പുതിയ രേഖ
    Name[mn]=Шинэ баримт
    Name[mr]=नवीन दस्तऐवज
    Name[nb]=Nytt dokument
    Name[ne]=नयाँ कागजात
    Name[nl]=Nieuw document
    Name[nn]=Nytt dokument
    Name[nr]=Umtlolo Omutjha
    Name[nso]=Tokumente e mpsha
    Name[oc]=Document novčl
    Name[om]=Faayilii Haara
    Name[or]=ନୂଆ ଦଲିଲ
    Name[pa_IN]=ਨਵਾ ਦਸਤਾਵੇਜ
    Name[pl]=Nowy dokument
    Name[pt]=Novo documento
    Name[pt_BR]=Novo documento
    Name[ro]=Document nou
    Name[ru]=Создать документ
    Name[rw]=Inyandiko Nshya
    Name[si]=නව ලේඛනය (~N)
    Name[sk]=Nový dokument
    Name[sl]=Nov dokument
    Name[sr]=Нови документ
    Name[sr_Latn]=Novi dokument
    Name[ss]=Idokhumenti lensha
    Name[st]=New Document
    Name[sv]=Nytt dokument
    Name[szl]=Nowy dokumynt
    Name[ta]=புதிய ஆவணம்
    Name[te]=కొత్త పత్రం
    Name[tg]=Ҳуҷҷати нав
    Name[th]=เอกสารใหม่
    Name[tn]=New Document
    Name[tr]=Yeni Belge
    Name[ts]=Dokumente yintshwa
    Name[ug]=يېڭى پۈتۈك
    Name[uk]=~Створити документ
    Name[uz]=New Document
    Name[ve]=Ḽiṅwalwa Ḽiswa
    Name[vi]=Tŕi liệu mới
    Name[xh]=Uxwebhu Olutsha
    Name[zh_CN]=新建文档
    Name[zh_TW]=新增文件
    Name[zu]=Ushicilelo olusha
    Icon=libreoffice-document-new
    # Exec=libreoffice --writer
    Exec=sh -c "SAL_VCL_QT5_USE_CAIRO=true libreoffice --writer"
    I then dragged a copy of this from the main menu (I don't know the correct name for this, it's the collection of links which pops up when you click the Lubuntu icon at the bottom left of the display) to the desktop; I made it executable and trusted it.

I can now open a blank Writer file by double-clicking on the launcher on the desktop, and if I add text to this file then it exports to pdf without any problem. If I want to open an existing .odt file, I can double-click on the file (in a file manager), and again the contents export successfully to pdf.

But this isn't completely satisfactory, for the following reasons.

1. If I use the desktop launcher to open a blank file, and then use File > Recent documents to open an existing .odt file, then LibreOffice crashes. I can recover the document, and then I can export to pdf as before.
    2. If I use the version of the launcher in the main menu to open a blank .odt file then I get an error message saying that ~/%U does not exist, even though this launcher is identical to the version of the launcher on the desktop (which successfully opens a blank file).
    3. If I use the generic LibreOffice launcher in the main menu then I'm not using Cairo at all, and everything opens, but export to pdf loses text.

So this arrangement is probably still not appropriate for a non-technical user.

I don't know enough about how Lubuntu launches applications to make much further progress, and so would be grateful if anyone has any further advice.

Beans

Wait, what is the output of:
    Code:
    lsb_release -a; uname -a; apt-cache policy libreoffice
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast