Thread: Xbindkeys input for two mouse buttons together.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Xbindkeys input for two mouse buttons together.

I've an xbindkeys config file which currently switches to the next available workspace via sending the keyboard shortcut to xdotools, the mouse config is currently set to "b:10 + release" which is the side button on my mouse.

This is good but I'd like to be able to have one for previous workspace as well so I thought that holding the side button "b10" and scroll down "b5" for next workspace or scroll up "b4" for previous workspace.

I've tried some different combinations but the closest I could get is using "b10 + b5" (or b4) but that has the opposite effect that I want in that the mouse wheel scrolls the workspaces unless the side button is being held too

What combo should I put in my .xbindkeysrc to get this combo to work? I'm sure I'm just being silly but I can't figure it out.

Regards
    Mark
    Catch me on Freenode - imark

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Xbindkeys input for two mouse buttons together.

Does ctrl+alt+arrow (right arrow, left arrow) not work in toggling workspaces?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Yeah, thats the command thats being passed to xdotools I'm trying to bind it to my mouse as well so I can quickly switch while still on the mouse.
    Catch me on Freenode - imark

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I use Actiona quite a lot for workflow automation. It is in the repo. I guess you could create two procedures which run Ctrl+Alt+Right and Ctrl+Alt+Left and then use a mouse event to call either of these procedures. Actiona is the GUI for developing and testing the script (which uses Qt objects and ECMAscript/Actionscript) and then you run the script (sans GUI) by running the actexec myscript.ascr command. Actiona has features similar to xdotool and in fact you can use Command object to run xdotool commands. Or you might try Autokey.