Thread: Enabling gtk themes on Ubuntu Studio 20.04

Beans

Enabling gtk themes on Ubuntu Studio 20.04

I have just installed Ubuntu Studio 20.04. I have used UStudio for the last 1.5 years. Previously there were very few themes that weren't grey (which is too dire for words), and I could at least get something like MurrinaVerdeOlivo to work in the Windows Manager (though not in the Appearance settings). In 20.04 it's not there at all. But it is! In the themes folder are loads of themes (usr/share/themes), but in the Settings there are very few. It seems that only the xfwm4 themes are showing up under Settings. The theme I want to use only has a gtk-2 option.

I have copied the theme folder to:

~/themes/
    ~/.themes/
    ~/.local/share/themes
    ~/local/share/themes

but it does not show up in Settings under Appearance or Window Manager.

I have tried dragging and dropping the folder into the Appearance window, but this just made all the themes disappear and my icons changed. After opening and closing the window I managed to get the theme list back and change the icons to what they were previously.

How do I enable using gtk-2 and -3 themes in Ubuntu Studio 20.04?

Thank you for your time

Beans

Re: Enabling gtk themes on Ubuntu Studio 20.04

How about ~/.icons? (create it if doesn't exist)

Beans

Re: Enabling gtk themes on Ubuntu Studio 20.04

Tried that, thank you, but does not work. This is probably not surprising since I am not looking for icons but for themes. Thank you for the suggestion anyway, monkeybrain20122.