Thread: Bluetooth headphones settings don't persist

Beans

Bluetooth headphones settings don't persist

Hi! This is an issue that has been driving me nuts very long. I am not very experienced Linux user, thus most of the guides I have tried fail. I am sure there has to be a simple solution. I decided to finally ask around.

I work with several different bluetooth headsets because of not-great workspace conditions. Every time I connect a bluetooth headset I have to painstakingly configure:
    - Each single app to output to the desired headset
    - The sound profile, it defaults to any random profile among "headset unit" and "high fidelity".

I spend about one hour every day just configuring this thing, because the changes don't persist, and I change headsets often. It is really driving me crazy.

Now I have set Ubuntu to offer a virtual sound driver that outputs to every available output simultaneously, so I can now configure all the apps to send audio there. That is a partial solution of the app routing. The sound profile, though, is making me pull my hair. Can I, for instance, completely remove the "headset profile" as I never use it? How can anything that I connect, always be in the hi-fi profile?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Bluetooth headphones settings don't persist

I use BT speaker, and everytime I log in I need to remove device then connect device again for the BT to connect properly. Doesn't matter which OS I try. Same procedure every time.
    The only device that will re=connect without intervention is my Kindle.

Beans

that sucks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Its not that big a deal for me. I suppose one could use script to do the same thing.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

That's definitely not been my experience. I paired my headphones once, and now whenever I turn them on they reconnect automatically and become the default audio sink. Even if you have to re-pair headphones, because you've paired something else in the meantime, that takes about 5 seconds.
    None but ourselves can free our minds