Thread: Saving ARandR settings across reboot Lubuntu 20.04

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Saving ARandR settings across reboot Lubuntu 20.04

I have a 1600 x 900 HP G72 laptop with HDMI output for 2nd monitor. My 2nd monitor is 1920 x 1080 Samsung LCD positioned to the immediate left of the laptop with the bottom of the screen about an inch or so higher than the bottom of the laptop screen.

I am using ARandR to adjust the positions.

All works well but I have to reset the positioning every time I reboot.

I can save the layout as a .sh file;

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    xrandr --output LVDS-1 --primary --mode 1600x900 --pos 1920x180 --rotate normal --output VGA-1 --off --output HDMI-1 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output DP-1 --off
    How can I get this layout to be automatically adopted by the system every time it boots?

Beans

Re: Saving ARandR settings across reboot Lubuntu 20.04

If it doesn't need sudo to run the script (Note that file extensions don't mean much in Linux), there is an item in settings for startup items and you can make your script run at logon.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

preferences > lxqt settings > session settings > autostart

. did the trick

not sure why but I had to set it to run 2 scripts, one immediately and one with 'wait for system tray' checked. 1st script with laptop monitor set a little lower than the external monitor, then 2nd script with both monitors on same baseline.

if I didn't do it this way, the positioning was 'off' with parts of the desktop present but unreachable with the mouse, and all my shortcuts were on the right hand laptop lcd.

running it twice as above resulted in a perfect display, everything visible and mouseable and all icons on the left hand external monitor

Beans

Awesome. Please mark as solved