Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Program removed, but still there

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Program removed, but still there

It looks as if you installed this package perhaps by using source code and compiling it as most of what you show in post #4 appears to be source code in Downloads in your home?

If I'm correct did you use a final "make install" command? You would have made life easier had you used checkinstall as that creates a .deb package and installs it, allowing removal with the more normal "sudo apt remove" command. Just out of interest what does command
    which flrig
    show as output?

However this may all be worrying over nothing and assuming this program does not cause any problems you could simply leave it where it is but remove all the source code in Downloads.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

ed@ed-Inspiron:~$ which flrig
    /usr/local/bin/flrig
    ed@ed-Inspiron:~$

Beans
    Hidden!

Source code installed applications for which you used make install as the final command can often (should really be always, but that is not so in every case) be uninstalled by navigating to the source folder and running make uninstall using sudo in the case of Ubuntu. That assumes you have not already removed all the source code from your system, of course.

Worth trying I think, then installing the package from the repos.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 20.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads

Beans

ajgreeny

Thank you for the info

I going to remove the source code, install the program from the repos. When I started using Ubuntu 13 years ago, (Ubuntu 7.04) any specialized program had to be installed using a tar.gz. i guess I didn't change with the times. thanks again for you help. I learned a lot in the past 3 days. I'll mark it solved.
    Last edited by eddugo; June 25th, 2020 at 04:51 PM.

Beans

Drgonfly 41
    Thank you for the info

I going to remove the source code, install the program from the repos. When I started using Ubuntu 13 years ago, (Ubuntu 7.04) any specialized program had to be installed using a tar.gz. i guess I didn't change with the times. thanks again for you help. I learned a lot in the past 3 days. I'll mark it solved.

Beans

Impavidus

Thank you for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12