Thread: Canon printer Imageclass LBP6030 is not printing anymore

Beans

Question Canon printer Imageclass LBP6030 is not printing anymore

This is not a wireless 6030 printer. There was a thread about a wireless 6030, but it did not help me.

It used to print everything from anywhere fine, but the last time it printed 1 out of 20 pages and then it stopped. It was a tax document. Maybe that is why! LOL Maybe I was not patient enough.

I tried to print other smaller test documents after, but to no avail.

I checked the usb and power cable. The printer is on. I took out the usb cable to reboot.

I ran out of ideas on how to make this work. Did I installed the driver too many times? Did I miss a step after?

I noticed I had many jobs "pending" after trying different attempts after trying to download and remove (ad nauseam) drivers and follow advice on the net. I cleaned that up in the utility for the printer.

I included two screenshots to help.

Screenshot from 2020-06-23 15-12-48.jpgScreenshot from 2020-06-23 14-52-36.jpg

In HardInfo it states that it is "printing", but nothing comes out.

-Printers (CUPS)-

CUPS-BRF-Printer
    LBP6030-6040-6018L : <i>Default</i>

After some searching , I ran several commands from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems .

That solved the problem. Not sure what did it. Maybe all that was needed was the

cancel -a

command to clear the printer.

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by pierreu1; June 24th, 2020 at 07:54 AM. Reason: solved
    ASUS laptop, 18.04.4 LTS, Intel® Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz × 4 , Intel® Bay Trail, 3.28.2 gnome, 64-bit