Thread: Change resolution of a program?

Beans

Unhappy Change resolution of a program?

I recently installed Zoom and it is opening up really weird - everything is like super zoomed-in. Is there a way to change the "resolution" of a program? I was wondering if there was a configuration file that zoom was getting its settings from and maybe that file had the resolution incorrect.

By the way, I have already triedsudo apt purge ... to uninstall it and then manually removed the ~/.zoomdirectory, too, but that did not work.
    Also,
    I just installed Anaconda and opened up Anaconda Navigator, and this is how it's being displayed:

Here are my system settings:
    Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    GNOME Version: 3.36.2
    Windowing System: X11

Thank you, and I really hope to solve this before the weekend ends
    Last edited by msaud; 1 Week Ago at 08:16 AM. Reason: formatting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Change resolution of a program?

I am clueless about this stuff, but https://www.linuxuprising.com/2019/0...l-scaling.html says the entire OS display can be scaled on 20.04. This is usually meant to be used by people with high resolution displays - 4k, 8k and higher.

For programs that are just wrapped around a web browser, you can try the common <cntl>---- and <cntl>+++ to decrease and increase fonts. Don't forget the <shift> to access the '+'.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Gnome's DPI scaling is a work in progress, and its ability to play nicely with others is not great as a matter of policy. You may find that it helps to use
    Code:
    QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1 zoom

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Did these solutions work? -- I've been staying away from Zoom and sticking with the trusty Jitsi, XMPP, and Matrix for this stuff. Now, I want to use it even less. lol
    If any of the solutions worked, please mark the thread Solved.